Holy Grail Beauty Products: what are yours?

Holy_grail_beauty_produtcs The Holy Grail. If you’re a beauty junkie, like me, it’s not a precious, and possibly mythical, religious artifact – no, it’s something much better than that, although it may seem every bit as mythical.

For beauty lovers, The Holy Grail is the lipstick that remains in place even after your second latte of the morning. It’s the mascara that really does make your eyelashes look like they came out of a packet. The wrinkle cream that – brace yourself, ladies – actually gets rid of wrinkles. (That last one is definitely a myth, by the way). In other words, it’s the perfect product, that does exactly what you want it to, in the way you want it to do it. And boy, but is it hard to find…

Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing some of my Holy Grail Beauty Products with you (note: not literally. I’ll just be telling you about them, no actual sharing of products will be involves. Because those products are mine.) First, though, I want to know what yours are. Have you found the Holy Grail mascara, foundation, skin cream, or something else? Tell me, so I can discover it, too!

• Heidi says:

My Holy Grail foundation is Boots soft & sheer tinted moisturiser in fair. Perfect for summer as it does not go on cakey and thick.
    Eyeliner must me L’Oreal carbon black lineur intense. Best eyeliner i have ever used!
    Clinque mineral powder are always best.
    Stila lip polish in garnish.
    Boots radian glow concealer. Very natural looking.
    Quo illuminating concealer.
    And tarte full blossom cheek stain is a definite must!

• Danielle says:

Benefit 10 bronzer/highlighter is an absolute MUST. I feel so pale and washed out without it today.
    Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara is to die for.
    Benefit creaseless cream shadows need to come in more colors.
    That’s about all for now.

• Cindy says:

Urban Decay Primer Potion – shadows do NOT budge with this stuff on.

• Kerry says:

I have really dark under eye circles, and MAC concealer (their most heavy duty one) is the best I’ve ever tried.
    And Blistex lip balm – that stuff is great.

• Amy Fox says:

Maybelliine Full N’ Soft mascara. It’s soft, doesn’t flake, doesn’t smudge. Plus, it’s cheap.
    Khiel’s Olive Oil Nourishing Conditioner. Wonderful in the winter, or for really dry hair.
    Benefit Dandelion – perfect, barely-there color. Plus, it smells nice.
    Rosebud Salve – I keep coming back to it. So light, not greasy, and moisturizing (I just wish it came in a tube!).
    Prescriptives foundation – especially for the paler than pale, they can mix your own perfect shade of foundation, and you can decide if it is moisturizing, sheer, or normal.

• Charlotte says:

Sleek Gel Eye Liner (stocked by some superdrugs)
    Sleek Storm Eyeshadow Palette (great colour payoff for less than a fiver! – they have 2 other palettes, original and chaos – the chaos one is a bit too adventurous for me though)
    OPI I’m not really a waitress nail polish – the only red that does my ultra pale pink hands any favours.
    Eyeko fat balm in strawberry…. great cheek colour and kind on my dry skin unlike benetint. Can’t wear it on my lips though.. tastes terrible.
    Oh, also for the price Eyeko’s cream which I use as a highlighter. For me it’s simillar to Virgin Vie’s Skin Dew without the price tag.
    DHC Cleansing Oil has become my HG makeup remover.
    Think that’s it… still searching for my HG mascara and foundation *sigh*

• Hannah says:

As a girl with VERY sensitive and reactive skin, I tend to stick to the same products (because it’s took me so long to find stuff that doesn’t make my skin go psycho).
    – Rimmel anti-redness green concealer
    – Maybelline mineral foundation
    – Bio-Oil (used as a moisturiser)
    – Bourjois eye-shadows

• Gemma says:

Here’s just a few of mine…
    Nars Orgasm blusher / multiple
    Klorane dry shampoo
    Rimmel Volum’Flash blackest black mascara (even though everyone else hates it!)
    Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
    Benefit Dallas
    Liz Earle cleanse & polish
    Darphin Jasmine oil (this is a new fave)
    Stila smudge pots
    Stila eyeshadow in ‘Hepburn’
    Lush Daddy-O shampoo
    Dove Hair Silk

• Gemma says:

Ok, the Stila shadow is called ‘Golightly’ not ‘Hepburn’. I knew it was something Audrey-related. Anyway, it’s the perfect shimmer bronze / brown. I’m on my second pan and only discovered it a year ago.

• Theresa says:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil… any brand. Thats my cleanser, thanks to you :) I will never ever change that. Everything else, I won’t die if I can’t find it again.

• angie,uk says:

Benifits badgal lash mascara is just amazing. THE BEST out there.Go on like silk, and eyelashes look thicker and longer. The badgal liner is good too. never without a stick of that.
    benefits ItStick is just an amazing all round concealer. It’s meant to cover fine lines but i use it over blemishes and undermy eyes. Best concealer i’v ever used.
    I agree with the laydee above(or below,lol). urban decay primer lotion has to be tried to be believed. I go to a lot of gigs, i like to jump around and be right in the action with all the sweatiness and that. Usually my eye shadow would come straight off, but this primer made it stay put! couldnt believe it. Came out of the pit looking exactly as i went in. Apart from my hair that is, if only someone would invent a gig proof hairspray.

• flicky says:

mac studio concealer! Lasts all day, I <3 it.
    love eyeko’s mascara too.

• Holly says:

Very late reply, but my current HG products are illamasqua foundation (perfect for pale skins and it smells of vanilla into the bargain) and lip ink lipstick, which doesn’t budge.