Stuff. And nonsense.

Hey folks, guess who’s back? Back again? Shady’s back! Tell your friends!

Whoops, no, sorry, I got carried away there: it’s not Shady who’s back at all, it’s my old friend the RED WEALS. Yes, after a year-long absence, the red weals swung back into town a couple of days ago, taking up residence in the luggage under my eyes and making me look like I’ve been up crying all night. For a week.

So that’s good.

I would imagine it’s probably all the stress of being back on this rain-soaked little island (did I mention that it’s been raining a LOT here?) and having to, you know, work for a living, rather than just lying by the pool all day eating that’s caused the reappearance of my old enemies. Because that sucks.

So yes, I’m still depressed. Even more so now that I look like some crazy, red-eyed monster. In other news:

1. I am going to be on the radio again in a couple of weeks. Yes, BBC Radio Northampton (?) want to speak to me about blogging, and how I am such a great blogger and stuff. Hopefully the "and stuff" bit won’t include anything about how to get rid of red weals under the eyes, or apply fake tan or anything, but, you know… This is happening on July 9th. I tell you about it now so you can all begin the necessary  preparations to move to Northampton and hear it. I’m sure those five minutes will be totally worth it!

2. We are heading south at the end of next month, to attend the christening of my best friend’s baby. Yes, people actually trust me to be around their offspring, how about that? Because we haven’t visited Terry’s brother John in… ever… we’re going to try and combine this with the christening. Yes, we will be meeting with John in the back of the church, can’t wait! No, I jest… it’s actually more complicated than that, and we will be flying into Birmingham, spending a few brief hours with John, and then being driven by him south to my friend’s house, before flying out of Luton the next day.  So basically, two days, two flights. I’m sure I’ll deal with that JUST FINE.

3. I’m still loving my new phone. Still haven’t quite worked out how to moblog from it, which is probably a good thing, or you’d be having to put up with me constantly posting pictures of Rubin lying on his back and looking cute. Then maybe lying on his front and looking cute. Or standing up and looking cute. Or… you get the picture. Other than that, though, it’s all good, and this morning my wake-up alarm was a long speech by Terry, telling me to get the hell up and make him some breakfast already. The fact that this message came from the phone just made it all the more surreal at 7.30am.

Other than that, it still sucks to be back. How’s your week?

• Nina says:

I'm sorry to hear about how your weals and how being back sucks, but you know what happened today… my purse got stolen.
    Yep, if there's one thing that can absolutely ruin your day, it'd be something like that. Everything was in there, my ID, banking & credit cards, drivers license, money… Oh bother, sometimes it absolutely sucks to be me.

• Toni says:

No moving needed for me, we can get Radio Northampton in Leicester for some reason. Will listen :)

• Danielle says:

Congratulations about being on the radio!

About blogging from your phone, I think you need to make sure that your blogging service allows you to. I know Twitter has been freaking out lately, and I can't sync my phone up with it yet.

• Fi says:

Nina that happened to me once. Not so much in my purse as yours but it still sucked. I sympathise.

Amber, is Radio Northampton available online? Most BBC ones are I think? Then we can all tune in. Exciting news for you anyway!

• Hazel says:

I live in Northamptonshire and can get BBC Radio Northampton so will tune in :)

• erik (Sorrento) says:

If you will know in advanced, please tell us the exact show you'll be on. I think there will be some streaming audio option. :)

Don't worry about the flights. I'm a flight chicken also (ironically named as chickens don't fly) and i just finished a trip with FIVE flights. If i can do it, you'll handle those two with much more grace.

• wendy says:

Hee! I am in Northamptonshire so what time do I have to tune in to hear your dulcet tones, sweetie?

Aargh! Does *everyone* live in Northamptonshire, then? And here was me thinking I could do this and just report back how brilliant I was, without you all sitting there thinking, "No, I heard you and you sounded like you'd been lobotomised…" No idea about frequency etc but I will check, and yes, I would imagine it's probably available on iPlayer…. I'm only on for five minutes, though, so probably not worth listening to. No, really.

Nina – Wow, that really *does* suck. I've list inummerable wallets (although never had one stolen), and weirdly they have all come back to me in the end. Never with the money in them, mind you.

Danielle – yeah, I know about that, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and play with it properly to get it all set up. Maybe this weekend!

• Alex says:

I'm actually looking into hypnotherapy to deal with the flying anxiety. It would be nice to go away on holiday without three weeks of stressing out, a sleepless tearful night and a knot of anxiety…

I'm already worried about a trip in October!