As Featured in the New York Times. Talking about giant toddlers.

This morning I woke up to the news that I had been quoted in The New York Times. Yes, the actual New York Times. Me! The article in question appeared on the website as well, so I clicked on the link (sent to me by Laura), and here is what the New York Times have quoted me (Or rather, The Fashion Police, which is the same thing basically because I am it, and it is me, and you are he, and we are all together) as saying – sorry, “screaming”:

“My eyes, my eyes! Show me the person who wouldn’t look like a giant toddler in them.”

Um, yeah. Wise words, there. I bet you’re all wondering where I get this crazy talent from, no? And doesn’t it just figure that I get quoted by the New York Times, and I’m talking about giant toddlers?  Smooth, Amber. Very smooth. I’m thinking I probably won’t make it into the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations with that one…

Of course, what I was really talking about was harem pants – or any kind of pants with a dropped crotch – and actually, I stand by my “giant toddler” statement (I just hope it’s not what I’m remembered for, is all.). Seriously, look:

Harempants

Yeah, I hate harem pants. Really, really hate them. Still, The Fashion Police in The New York Times! I mean, that’s pretty cool, no? And yes, sure, a link would’ve been nice, but even so, The New York Times! And to think it never would’ve happened without those giant toddlers!

• Jade says:

Congratulations! Having your writing quoted in the NY Times is the ultimate compliment.

• Erik (Sorrento) says:

Wow! The best are reading you. No surprise to me, actually. Get used to it.

Regarding the topic I must say, speaking as a hetero dude, Maggie Gyllenhaal makes anything work.

• Kristabella says:

Why? WHY? Why would someone WEAR THOSE?

• Hahaha, now I can't even look at them without thinking of a big, droopy diaper.

• Louise says:

I love that you can't tell the difference between the front and back, except by looking at the shoes.
    Fashion – it has a lot to answer for…..
    Yay about the quote!

• Kat says:

Congratulations. The New York Times. THE New York Times (as if there were more than one).

You totally rock and those pants? I don't have words but yours describe them very well.

• Hayley says:

Those pants are absolutely horrid.

But congrats on the Times quote!

• Katie says:

Ha ha! Who cares what your quote was, you're in the NY Times!!! Congrats, hon!!
    P.S. I hate the pants too! They're dreadful!

• Toni says:

The harem pants? All I think when I see them is "that is one seriously, seriously big sanitary towel". Which is gross. As are they. *shudder*

As for the quote, gaaaaaaaah, that is amazing.

• Laura says:

Aww, I'm so glad you got so excited! I wasn't sure if you got the times over there (as I've never been to Europe), so I thought someone should tell you. You should write to the reporter who did that article and thank them!