The Friday Five: Feelings

This week has been full of fail, hence the “no blogging” here at Forever Amber. Sorry. Anyway, the Friday Five! Is back! And is actually quite appropriate this week, so here it is. Feel free to answer the questions too, either in your own blog or in the comments. Peace out.

1. What made you happy this week?

The fact that I now have less than three weeks until my holiday, which, by the way, cannot come soon enough. Also the fact that I managed to go to the gym three times, after a two week absence which had absolutely nothing to do with the body pump instructor telling me I had “wee short legs” the last time I was there. Because, hello! I totally do NOT have “wee short legs”! Well, OK, I DO, because I, myself, am short. But my legs are actually NOT particularly short in proportion to my body. This is why I am able to buy tops from the “petite” sections in stores, but not bottoms, because they are always too short. On my not-even-remotely-wee-or-short-legs.*

2. What made you sad?

The weather. It made me S.A.D. And it also rendered me totally unable to get out of bed in the morning, to the extent that I can no longer get up in time for my regular gym classes, and have to actually go – gasp! – into the actual gym instead. And I HATE the Actual Gym. Gah.

3. What made you angry?

Oh God, do not even get me started. What made me angry was being libelled on the internet by a paranoid delusional, who wrote an entire post on his blog calling me and my fellow writers a lot of extremely unpleasant names, and accusing us of being dastardly, James Bond-style internet villains. And then a lot of people commented, agreeing with him and advocating violence against us “bitches”. That made me a bit angry, yes.

(No, I am not linking to the post. It wasn’t about any of my blogs, it was about a client’s blog, and they are dealing with it. I was mentioned by name, though, which made it all feel a little bit personal. And I’m not very good at being-attacked-and-not-hitting-back.)

4. What are you looking forward to in the next week?

The fact that I will have only two weeks to go until my holiday. TWO WEEKS. Until my HOLIDAY. Did I mention that I was going on holiday? Did I? Because I am going on holiday. In just over two weeks. And then I will have SUNSHINE and I will have LOTS OF FOOD and I will have absolutely NO internet drama to deal with. Bliss.

5. What are you not looking forward to?

The fact that I still have a month’s worth of advance posts to write before my holiday. And Christmas presents to wrap. And a haircut to arrange. And STUFF to buy. I need to go shopping. I need to go to the post office. I need to basically do all of December’s work and chores in the next two weeks, and OMG how will I do it? I’m going to be needing some strong, strong coffee, that’s for sure…

* Note: not that there is anything wrong with having wee, short legs, of course.

• Terry says:

1. What made you happy this week?

Rubin deciding his favorite toy this week was an apple he found in the back garden.

2. What made you sad?

This image

http://www.hotigloo.co.uk/obama.jpg :(

source

3. What made you angry?

The person that made Amber angry

4. What are you looking forward to in the next week?

Getting a green light on my blood results after my quarterly Kidney checkup

5. What are you not looking forward to?

Getting my checkup :(

• I wish I was going on a holiday. Even though I just spend two and a half months sleeping in and doing NOTHING. Also, I would like to have the day after Thansgiving off. WHICH I DO NOT!

<abbr>Kristabella´s last blog post..Employment Is Tiring</abbr>

• Caroline says:

You're organising a hair cut? Oh goody – I do love your haircut posts… :D

1. What made you happy this week?

Tim Minchin singing about prejudice against redheads. Hi-larious! Of course, his entire gig was good, but that was the best opening song he could possibly have sung for me.

2. What made you sad?

Being molested on a platform by an unhappy and angry drunk – and realising that no-one would even know if I didn't get home safely that night… *sob*. But I'm over it now.

3. What made you angry?

A colleague. Not going into that one.

4. What are you looking forward to in the next week?

You mean apart from hearing about Amber's trip to the hairdresser's? The weekend, of course! Dinner and drinks with a friend tomorrow (Saturday) night!

5. What are you not looking forward to?

That Sunday night feeling – god, I hate that one!

<abbr>Caroline´s last blog post..Bland Dross</abbr>

• Steph says:

I fear I have wee, short legs… although I'm really tall, so that just means I've got a freakishly long torso… I had ballet lessons for most of my childhood and had to get used to the woman who sold our otufits continually remarking on what an odd physical specimen I was.

1. What made you happy this week?

Seeing Seth Lakeman live. That man is a god. I haven't had that much fun in years, even if it was so hot in the hall that I think I may have sweated out all the liquid in my body.

2. What made you sad?

Not enough sunshine. I always get miserable in the winter and just stay in bed, eating. I'd hibernate, if it was practical.

3. What made you angry?

I fell down the front steps and grazed my knees. I was pretty angry with myself for being so preposterously clumsy. And my friend is arranging a joint birthday outing for us both – except she has completely cut me out of plans and won't let me help at all. She has become the Birthday Fuhrer!

4. What are you looking forward to in the next week?

Going shopping. There is a winter coat that I must have. I don't care if it is more money than I have ever spent on clothes before. Must have it.

5. What are you not looking forward to?

Coursework for uni. Three essays for January. Ugh. Oh, and the whole 'venturing outside' thing. So cold!

I totally want to know where that post was so I can go and defend you. But I will go and post my own answers to the Friday Five at my place.

<abbr>Tracey´s last blog post..Greer ridicules *that* dress</abbr>

• Jennifer says:

Nice!

1. What made you happy this week?

One of my story pitches was accepted and I finally finished that damned edit/writing test!

2. What made you sad?

The thought of not being able to barge into my sister's bedroom next door and bug her after I get married this summer.

3. What made you angry?

How ridiculous my fiance was about how much he is willing to spend on the wedding.

4. What are you looking forward to in the next week?

Thanksgiving! I get to go to two dinners and stuff myself into oblivion!

5. What are you not looking forward to?

Wedding shopping :)

<abbr>Jennifer´s last blog post..It’s not easy being married to a Drama King</abbr>

• Erin says:

Dear Amber,

DO NOT GET A FRINGE. Also, NO MULLETS!

Just in case you forgot, I thought I'd remind you :)

Erin x

<abbr>Erin´s last blog post..Deja Nano?</abbr>

• J. says:

Ok, so you've had a pretty sucky week…but still – HOLIDAY! You'll have a lovely time, plane or not.

Haircut? I will admit it – I'm REALLY looking forward to this! I hope it works out well again.