Dear Santa, please bring me a monkey, kthxbai

Hey, guess what I appear to have got as an early Christmas “present”? Did you guess “another freaking cold?” Congratulations, you win the house cup! Now please shoot me…

Yep, just in case the flu I had the week before my holiday and the flu I had DURING my holiday wasn’t enough, I’ve had a mild-ish head cold since we got back. (I say mild-ish, of course, because I am a drama queen, and ALL my colds are terrible, life-threatening affairs.) Clearly, then, these repeated illnesses mean there is something very wrong with me, and I am probably going to die. Merry Christmas, everyone! Ho ho ho!

Anyway, I’m guessing no one is actually reading this, because you’ll all be off enjoying the holiday, so I thought long and hard about what to give you all as a Christmas present from me to you, and eventually I realised that the best! gift! ever! was staring me in the face: a blurry mobile phone picture of  Terry with a monkey on his head! You are welcome.

terry-monkey

And one of me (I’m the one in the stripey sweater…):

monkey

Also, speaking of stripey sweaters, I’d just like to say that the only reason I wore that one was because I thought it would, like, totally match the monkeys:

monkey-tail

You have to think about these things, you know? And OK, it was a little bit embarrassing to have turned up wearing the same outfit as a monkey (I mean, GOD, social death!) but hey, I like to think THAT’S why they liked me so much. Not because they just recognised me as one of their own.

Anyway, clearly I have about a million photos that are exactly like these three, and equally clearly, I am going to show you every single one of them soon, and there’s no point pretending otherwise, but for now, to the main point of this post, which was to wish you all a merry Christmas – I hope you all have a great holiday, and that Santa Claus brings you all the monkeys gifts your heart desires! We’re now off to the parental home for a couple of days so you’re safe from monkey pictures from the time being – HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

P.S. – If you really can’t wait for me to get round to posting the photos of the holiday, the Flickr set can be found here, in all its glory….

• Louise says:

Thanks for the Christmas wishes, right back at you. I think the monkey matching top is great!

• Erik (Sorrento) says:

What kind of monkeys are those? They look like lemurs. I worked on a TV show one time that shot an episode at the Playboy Mansion. The place had a gigantic monkey cage with like 20 tiny monkeys (I forgot what kind) in it. Like what you did, we went in and they ate out of my hand.

• Erik (Sorrento) says:

Just looked it up. They were squirrel monkies,

Yep, the little guy sitting on my arm is a squirrel monkey, and the ones we spent most of our time with (because I liked them so much we had to go back twice!) were also squirrel monkeys: they were my favourites, because they were SO friendly and inquisitive, they just wanted to be around us all the time, and were trying to rummage through Terry's pockets and steal stuff. The grey ones are lemurs, and they weren't quite as friendly, until that one decided to sit on Terry's head :)

No, they are lemurs. Squirrel monkeys are tiny and yellow.

I think you looked very fetching in your matching outfit Amber.

<abbr>Tracey´s last blog post..100 things about me</abbr>

• Hayley says:

Those monkeys are SO adorable! Would probably be a hassle to own, but oh well. And of course we would all expect you to be color coordinated with the monkeys : )

Glad to see you had such a good time on your holiday!

<abbr>Hayley´s last blog post..Almost Forgot to Add…</abbr>

• Mhairi says:

Hey Amber

Glad you guys had a good holiday – shame about you getting another cold. Hope you feel better for tomorrow.

Have a great Christmas and we will see you in the New Year

x

• Happy Christmas to you as well!

Those monkeys kind of freak me out. Like they would eat my eyeballs as I was sleeping.

<abbr>Kristabella´s last blog post..We Wish You A Merry Chrismukkah</abbr>

• Merry Christmas! If you do in fact get a monkey for Christmas, please tell Santa make that 2. And send the second one to Vancouver. Also: I LOVE the matching outfits!

• Jennifer says:

Cute sweater! Merry Christmas :)

• Nina says:

Thanks for the comment! I’m glad you got it in time, I hope you had a very nice evening & are recovering quickly.

Take care! Nina

P.S.: If you have a look at my Xmas post you can also vote for your card, which is one of my Xmas favs, heehee.

Nina´s last blog post..So this is Christmas

• Steph says:

Awesome photos. Merry Christmas!