Rubin’s Surprise

Well, would you look at that: looks like I DIDN’T find anything other than my birthday surprises to write about this week after all! Let’s just pretend I did, OK? I won’t tell if you don’t…

Anyway, as I mentioned last week, I was a little apprehensive about what “Rubin’s Surprise” was going to turn out to be because… well, he likes to pee recently. Mostly in places he shouldn’t, and by “places he shouldn’t” I mean “on the radiator in the office”.  When I turned around from my busy, important work today, though, and saw this:

rubins-surprise

I relaxed a little. I mean, I don’t think even Rubin would gift-wrap pee, although you never really know with him. As you can see, though, he’d gone to a not inconsiderable amount of effort here:

rubin-wrapping1

So I decided to risk unwrapping it, and here’s what I found:

dog-books

Aww, books about doggies! He must have had to save up his pocket money for ages to buy those! And now I need to go and finish my work so I can read them…

• emmao414 says:

Awwww thats lovely!! I cried so much at Marley and Me in the cinema, as did EVERYONE else I know who has seen it, man or woman! Be warned, thats one for a warm bed with a box of tissues!

• Awww! Pets in my family always give me animal-related gifts as well. It's like they think they're the only interesting ones.

I haven't read either of those books, but I saw Marley & Me the movie, and I loved it.

<abbr>Amanda Nicole´s last blog post..my own brand of strange</abbr>

• Nina says:

love your blog! Rubin astounds and amazes again…at least this time it was in a good way. hope you enjoy the books.

• LizSara says:

cute cute cute cute cute

• Terry says:

Good choice Rubin, thanks for sorting that surprise out.

Husband

• Our border collie saves up his bone money to give me gifts too. I always tell him that a card with his paw print would have been plenty. Posting under modified name so this won't be confused with your hubby, unless he loves shoes too!. Saw your Tweet about leaving comments under diff names so just thought I'd clarify. Cute pix!

<abbr>ShoeLuvr Terry´s last blog post..Ladie’s Trendy LAMB Slingback Heels | Trendy Platform Sandals from Gwen Stefani</abbr>

Just be armed with a box of tissues when you read Marley and Me. You have been warned.

<abbr>Tracey´s last blog post..What I've done this week (by Tracey)</abbr>

• Mhairi says:

How cute.

Rubin really does love you guys

x

<abbr>Mhairi´s last blog post..Diet Chat</abbr>

• Must repeat to self… "you are living vicariously through Amber. You do not need such presents. you only think you need such presents"

Nah, it's not true…

I completely need this sort of present, hehe

<abbr>mysterycreature´s last blog post..Holidays are coming…</abbr>

• Caroline says:

Ok, am about 10 years (read: a whole week) late because, well, suffice to say Virgin Media GAH! but happy birthday! Am super-impressed with Terry's surprises – genius!

And is it me, or was Rubin extra-especially cute for your birthday week?

<abbr>Caroline´s last blog post..New shoes!</abbr>

• Myra says:

Glad to see romance is still alive and kicking somewhere in the world.