And then the sun totally melted, The End.

Well, THAT was a whole lot of fun, wasn’t it?

Look, though! We’re getting a sun obscured by a little bit of cloud tomorrow!

sun

Do you know, that’s the first time I have EVER seen that particular icon, and I’ve had my iPhone for about two months now? It’s good that it turned up this weekend, though, because we’re going to a barbecue tomorrow, and “sun obscured by a little cloud” will be much better than the “rain of biblical proportions” we’ve been having lately.

NO idea what’s happening on Tuesday, though. It looks to me like the sun will be melting that day. OMG, WHAT’S HAPPENING ON TUESDAY? And how does the iPhone KNOW?

I also just wanted to say that comments on this site are now being moderated. Sorry about that – it’s not something I’d have chosen to do, but  as much as I am able to laugh at the trolls (and at myself, which is what my last entry was really about) I AM getting a bit tired of the personal attacks. Needless to say, the vast majority of you are absolutely lovely (and I really, really appreciate your support on The Post That Dare Not Speak It’s Name. Actually, let’s call that post “Voldemort”. Can we do that?), so I hope you’ll not be put off commenting. One more thing for the trolls: when I say “comments are being moderated” I just want to add “and they’re not being moderated by ME”. So not only will your hate mail not be published here, I won’t even see it.

Still: sun! And a whopping 18 degrees! It’s as good as it gets, folks…

• Toni says:

I hate summer, love winter etc etc, but even I thought it was pushing it when I was out around midnight a couple of nights ago and found myself shivering. Not just “a bit chilly” but actually “can’t-stop-shaking-and-wondering-if-I-should-really-be-driving” cold.

Also, I missed Troll Drama Voldemort 2009, though I would have merrily jumped to your defence. I think it’s incredibly sad that you’re having to moderate comments on a light-hearted, funny personal blog. I can’t pretend I understand the motivation of people like that, and if I’m honest, I’m not sure I want to. That way glimpses into scary mind-workings awaits…

I know: I haven't even had to moderate comments on The Fashion Police, and it's controversial by nature, so the fact that I have to do it on what is basically a personal journal is just dissapointing.

• Veronika says:

We're getting mid 20's at the moment, yesterday it was a crazed 33 degrees. but always there's some rain in the middle of the day and insane wind. Apocaliptic weather, srsly. So I'm always thinking that it must be better everywhere else. Guess not thou.. Maybe we should move?
    .-= Veronika´s last blog ..Topshop. =-.

• Aimee says:

I wonder if we will see the full effects of the melting sun in Ayrshire?? I shall keep you posted!
    .-= Aimee´s last blog ..Thursday 23.07. =-.

• I see a 19 in there too! We’re having a bit of a wet, overcast period here in Vancouver, but it’s much needed so I’m not complaining. Have a lovely bbq!
    .-= Amanda Nicole´s last blog ..small graces: part 44 =-.

• You’ve got a great attitude Amber, and sure how could anything get you down when the end of the world obviously looms on Tuesday! xx
    .-= dressjunkie´s last blog ..NOTD =-.

• Mona says:

Here in NYC we have an exceptionally cold summer, and it is “only” around 26C…. still difficult to getting used to it after growing up with Northern European summers. My job requires me to work in a windowless room cooled down to 13C though….

I really like your blog(s), Amber, thank you for being so entertaining and being a good writer. The moderation of the comments will make reading the blog an even nicer experience, but I wish you would not have to moderate, because it means you’ll still have to read whatever crazy people post. Please don’t let it get to you.

• aunt fiona says:

what is wrong with people? how dare they post nasty things to you anyway. send the posts to me. the nerve of some people. you do have to feel sorry for them as they are so unhappy. well just for a minute anyway lol. take care.

• Araceli says:

Wow! those temperatures sound worse than winter to me! (we in México are currently at 18-32 C with lots of storms, wind, and thunderstorms tipical of summer) I don´t know how I´ll survive if i make that trip to london on nov/dec that i´m planning to do, I get cold just thinking about it.

Maybe that icon represents our weather cause many times when it rains you can still see (and feel) the sun.

By the way I think you are really funny, and my english is not really all that sharp so if someone doesn´t get it… maybe they just don´t want to have fun :)

• xony says:

lol, I'm in Tabasco (that's in Mexico as well, btw) and the sun seems to be melting RIGHT NOW! Rain&Sun combo is my least favorite of weather combos… it leaves a horrible steam kinda emerging from the hot wet pavement! Just awful, really!
      .-= xony´s last blog .._xony: como es domingo, está nublado y de todos modos hoy no harían nada de provecho, hay que jugar mazefrenzy !http://www.mazefrenzy.com/ ;D =-.

• Lila says:

I am still in shock at seeing sun today, keep looking out of the window in awe, forgotten what it was!

• Sophie says:

It’s sad that you have been forced to moderate your comments :( We shall never speak of ‘Voldemort’ ever again! Hope you enjoy the sun anyway :)

• Erin says:

Don’t worry about Tuesday – didn’t you know that’s just the icon for “Scottish Sunshine”?? ;)
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..Vintage Reads: Shopping for Vintage by Funmi Odulate =-.

• Lauren says:

The whole ‘Voldemort thing’ was insane. Obviously nobody taught them if you don’t have anything nice to say, to say nothing at all. Anyways, more people love your blog and your entries than hate it so don’t let the haters get you down. I for one stalk your blog…well blogs, and love reading all the new posts which are funny and any normal person would be able to see that not every one of your posts is serious.

You want to know something weird? That’s EXACTLY the same picture that was on my iPhone today.
    .-= Tracey´s last blog ..Backyard Progress =-.

• I’d be a bit worried on Melting Sun Day…stay inside!!!!

Glad you added that bit about the moderating not done by you…MUST BE EATING UP THE TROLLS INSIDE – TO READ THIS AND NOT BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING!

MWAHAHAHAHA! You rock Amber! Trolls can SUCK IT!
    .-= Wanderlusting´s last blog ..Vintage Dress Week lookbook #4 – pastoral pastimes =-.

• BWC says:

*Gasps* Maybe THIS is what Terry was talking about.You know, The Melting?
    Also: Love the blog and good decision on the trolls.

• Haha – I was going to ask if it was related to THE MELTING too but looks like BWC beat me to it ;)

Maybe trolls are like gods, you know if you don’t believe in them, then they stop existing. And they live under bridges. It can’t be a good life. Revel in your superiority and don’t give them a second thought.
    .-= ElementalGrace´s last blog ..It wasn’t me … little green men came down from space and did it. Honest. =-.

• Jen says:

I don't have an iphone but probably wouldn't have any idea what on earth to do with half the buttons – i'm a pc and my partner is a mac, so i'm learning slowly. Your blog is wonderful too by the way :)