Friday (Stolen) Photo: We’ve had the eyes, now it’s the lips!

Yes, folks, it’s yet another edition of Friday (Stolen) Photo! Which can only mean one thing: another poor fool has stolen a photo of my face and is using it to sell things on eBay! Or at least, I think it’s eBay. I have no idea what “gittigidiyor.com” might mean, so I’m going to have to assume it means “Site where people habitually steal photos of Magic Amber, and use them to sell products including – but not limited to – false eyelashes and lip plumping gloss.”

Or, in this case, “Not-Particularly-Plumping-Gloss”:

stolen-photo

Yeah, those are my lips. Hai, lips! Do you see how the “before” and “after” photos are ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME here, readers? That’s because… they are. As I noted in my review of this product, “Sexy Motherpucker” made no discernable difference to my lips at all. STOLEN PHOTO FAIL.

This time, rather than politely ask the seller to remove the photo, I simply asked which address I should send my invoice to for use of the copyrighted images. I get more vindictive with every body part of mine that appears on eBay. The next person to use my face without permission wakes up to a horse’s head in their bed, I swear to God.*

Oh, I’m also now a member of Turkish eBay. Yes.

And here was I thinking the Friday (Stolen) Photo would be a one-off! Oh, if only!

[Thanks to Lucy for letting me know about this one!]

* That was a joke, by the way. I mostly just think, “Wow, AGAIN?” when I see these, not, “OK, horse’s head.” Mostly.

• Selina says:

Wow – there's bits of your body everywhere!
    .-= Selina´s last blog ..Your daily dose of pretty: take me to your earlobes =-.

• Gemma says:

I wonder how many bits of you are on the internet in general that you don't even know about!
    .-= Gemma´s last blog ..Review: Superdrug Naturals Coconut/Sweet Almond Intensive Conditioner =-.

I shudder to think! I thought I'd managed to track down and watermark all of the Hey-Dollface images, which seem to be the ones people like to steal most often, but apparently my work there is not done!

• Fi says:

You couldn't make this up, could you?

x
    .-= Fi´s last blog ..Discounts & Offers =-.

I know! Every time I write about this stuff I think this is going to be the time when everyone just goes, "Nah, you're making it up now – you HAVE to be!" Stranger than fiction :)

• Leigh says:

I don't believe this. Have you considered a second career as an eBay model? There's evidently a market there for pictures of you.

I actually had this happen to me last week. Some Chinese auction site was using pictures of my hands from a nail polish review I did. I only found it because they were hotlinking me. Fortunately, that was simple to fix; I just changed the image they were hotlinking to one that said "We steal bandwidth!" in English and Chinese. (Well, it was babelfished Chinese. It was probably a terrible translation.)
    .-= Leigh´s last blog ..Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow =-.

• Sophie says:

It's disturbing that so many of your personal images can be stolen and used – maybe without your knowledge! It's getting out of hand!

It really is getting out of hand. I thought I'd watermarked all of the images, but obviously not. I'm also considering getting rid of my Flickr account – so far none of the stolen images have come from there (or not that I know about, anyway!), they're all from Google images, but I kind of feel like the fewer places my images are available, the better!

• Beth says:

Its ironic isn't it, that not only are these people so stupid as to steal yourimages in the first place, but actually they steal them to try and sella product that is rubbish (I actually feel that way about the entire Soap and Glory range, butI digress).

I really hope you find a way to sort this, it must be so bloody frustrating!

Bx
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Too Slow =-.

I know! I mean, if I was going to steal someone's photo to try and sell something, I'd try and choose one that made the product look like it actually works!

• Kristabella says:

I don't even want to know if my images are out there on other sites.
    .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..Gobble, Gobble =-.