Ths is Sparta Gran Canaria!

First up: thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my last post. Blogging can seem like a bit of a thankless task sometimes (especially when people like the lovely Jellybean decide to get in touch), so the support from everyone who commented on that post was very much appreciated!

With that said, I thought it was time to lighten the mood a little, with a bit of help from Terry, who has put together this short video about our holiday in Gran Canaria. BUT! This video comes with a warning! An important warning!

IMPORTANT WARNING! READ IT!

A large part of the Maspalomas sand dunes, which we visited frequently during our holiday, is a nudist beach. Which means that this video contains nudity. NO! It’s NOT US! Terry and I remained clothed at all times on the beach, you will be pleased to know, but some people… well, some people didn’t. And some of those people may well have been caught on camera. If you’re in any way offended by this, or if you’re viewing at work, or in a public place, then, you may want to give this one a miss. It’s nothing graphic, and Terry has taken steps to preserve people’s modesty, but… you know. Naked people. They’re here. And they’re NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Umm, enjoy!

This is Sparta from Terry Miaoulis on Vimeo.

• Jane says:

Once again, Terry mad skills and video magic amaze me! I like the bottom-kissing shot the best, and the nudity was very ~ahem~ tasteful….
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..The Last Decade, in Words and Pictures =-.

• dressjunkie says:

Hilarious! When I spotted that first nude old fellow and he moved to the side I thought WOWZERS!…. then I realised it was his arm! x

• Jane says:

Terry's skills, even. Dear me, I blame the cold for my inability to string two sentences together today. Sorry!
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..The Last Decade, in Words and Pictures =-.

• DINKY London says:

Bwahahaha. Oh lordie, where was this when I was in a grumpy mood yesterday? Hilarious.

Looks like you both had a (much deserved) fantastic time x
    .-= DINKY London´s last blog ..Found Treasure – Ruby Boutique Princess Necklace =-.

• Nina says:

Heehee :) Thanks for sharing! Great vid, Terry!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..I wish I was someone better =-.

• Katie says:

Excellent :-)

Looks like you had a great time! Must show to my husband, would make a change from our shaky holiday videos with a soundtrack of wind noise – sigh!
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..5th January – Back to Work =-.

• I think Terry's favourite part of vacations is making the videos afterward, haha!
    .-= Amanda Nicole´s last blog ..winter’s song =-.

• Mandi B says:

No – naked dude…don't run….don't ru……… oh.

• Elisa from Finland says:

I. LOVE. YOUR. BLOG.

and the naked people, too!

• Sara says:

I think this is the funniest video I have ever seen. Your husband appears to be quite the character :] It looks like you guys had a great time!

• Beth says:

Love it. Totally random, but a brilliant! It looks like you guys had a brilliant time, which is all that matters really.

I've never really understood the nude beach thing. You figure that clothes protect you a bit from getting sand in god knows where. Without the clothes…there would be scratching, chafing and irritation a plenty. Bleurgh.
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..B'bye 2009 =-.

I don't really understand it either – I mean, each to their own, and I understand they don't do it to show off their bodies, but the fact is, most people just don't look that good naked! We found that the nudists were almost exclusively elderly people – Terry speculated that younger people are probably too vain for it! (And oh God, yes, the sand! And the sunburn! Some of the sights we were subjected too were actually pretty disturbing!)

• Terry says:

Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Brilliant. Terry is a clever boy!
    .-= Tracey´s last blog ..This week’s flowers =-.

• Amy says:

So funny. Terry is a whiz at editing video.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Northern Nights =-.

• Fi says:

Love it! So funny. Looks like you had a great time!

xx
    .-= Fi´s last blog ..Sale Shopping =-.

• Caitlan says:

Wow, you can jump really high especially since that's sand.

• Diana says:

That was fabulous! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

• Sonya says:

Your videos are really touching, Amber! I looked at the other ones on Terry's channel and they just look so caring and warm :) I really appreciate these videos because they let people treat their own lives as something worth making a wonderful film out of. And I love how you get dressed up to go to the castles – you look like a modern-day princess! I had gone to such castles before in Czechoslovakia but I looked nothing like that!

• Jasmine says:

Wow. I’m speechless… That was pretty hilarious. It seems you all laid off the sauce a little on this last holiday LOL.