Changing Rooms

For the last year or two (or seven), I’ve desperately wanted to move house. The problem with that, though… well, actually, there are LOTS of problems with that, but the main one is that we just can’t afford it right now, so, in a bid to make the best of the house we have, way back in December we made a list of improvements we’d like to make, things that need to be replaced, etc.

And then we ignored all of them*, and went out and bought a bright red chair which we then spent the best part of the evening trying to cram into our tiny living room. Along with the new rug that also wasn’t on the list. Or rather, Terry tried to cram them into the room. I just… supervised.

Here is a quick glimpse of our rock n’ roll lifestyle. Or, as I think if it, “The Sims Come to Life”.

Livingroom Timelapse from Terry Miaoulis on Vimeo.

* OK, not quite ALL of them: Terry DID replace the bathroom foor on Friday. Yes, AGAIN. Take it from me, kids, never use white floor tiles in your bathroom. Or, indeed, anywhere else  you might actually want to STAND.

• Moni says:

Oh yeah, I know this… you should have seen me last December when I tried to find the perfect place for my new CD/DVD-shelf… Very nice chair!
    By the way, my favourite part of your video is at 00:38. Too cute! :)

• Kate says:

Awesome video. I want to know what the real time length was!

Also: is the furniture still in the same position now?!

• Ursula says:

This is so funny! I especially like all the Rubin bits. My cats would just hide until everything’s in place.
    .-= Ursula´s last blog ..Adé, Karomütze! =-.

• I *love* that new chair!
    .-= Anne-Marie´s last blog ..Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon =-.

• Lauren says:

Brilliant!

Not only is that entertaining in a ha-ha kind of way, but it is also entertaining to watch little Rubin’s head following Terry around the room (which does sound like Terry was being chased by a detached and frankly creepy Rubin-head, but that wasn’t how I meant it to sound). Oh, and the fact that at regular intervals Terry rolls around on the floor, whilst you just watch.

Thanks for giving me a lunchtime laugh!
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..What I Wore | Kneehigh Socks & Jumper Dress =-.

• Terry says:

We both laughed at the way his head moves around like a robot. There is bit where he sits on the rug and watches me for literally 5 minutes.

About an hour before he is due to get his dinner he fixes his eyes on Amber and doesn’t move until he gets fed.

• Elisa says:

I just love Rubin in that video :D He jos whooshes (is that a word) in and out of the picture.

• Elisa says:

*Just, not jos. Sorry, not enough coffee today…

• Laura says:

It’s so much fun to watch. :D

What’s the song?

• Alexandra says:

Rubin-man the Wolf was supervising, I see… neat chair!

• Arlene says:

Haha I’m always doing this. Most recently on Saturday when I spotted a large chest of drawers (which I don’t need and have no room for) in Ikea’s “Bargain Corner”. One set of puppy dog eyes later and I had Matt convinced that in fact they were just what was missing from our life. Needless to say they look well out of place and our bedroom is even more cramped than it was previously. Tres relaxing…

I love the little red tub btw and think it looks really well beside the telly. Has Rubin christened that rug yet? xx

• Katie says:

Fabulous new chair :-)

I love Rubin’s look when he was sitting next to you on the footstool by the tv! bless him.

I feel sorry for poor Terry! lol
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..22nd February – "Dramatic" =-.

• Kate says:

OK that was without a doubt the funniest thing I’ve seen all week! Glad you were finally able to sort it out – and it’s also making me want to rearrange our living room (Jeff will hate you now for planting the idea in my head :-D)

• Love it! I like the chair and the video was awesome!
    .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..Crazy Biker Magnet =-.

• Beth says:

I often wonder what pets think when we’re doing human things. Rubin was watching pretty intently there, maybe stealing ideas for his own pad. :)

The room looks great and the chair with the footstool built in is clearly interior genius.
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – #1 =-.

• Jade says:

Rubin is SO spoiled, being allowed up on all the chairs! :P

I loved the play-breaks and the bit where you both smoosh into the one chair and discuss the room. And the bit where Amber moves the footstool. You contributed a bit! :)

You guys do have a nice set-up there. My house is quite small, too, and and I think I prefer smaller houses. They’re definitey a bit trickier to furnish, but they’re SO much cosier. Not to mention easier to clean – less floor space.

Oh, that’s not a chair – it’s a two seater couch! It possibly looks smaller than it really is on the video but there’s definitely more than enough room for two people!