Friday Face: Beauty on a Budget
Just for fun, I thought I’d make today’s Friday Face a budget production, so all of the products I’ve used are available from your local supermarket or chemist rather than from specialist beauty counters, and most are under £5, although I think the lipstick I used is closer to the £10 mark, making it the most expensive product of the lot.
Next week I’ll try out these products’ high-end sisters, but for today’s face, take a look under the jump for the product details!
1. Maybelline Pure Makeup foundation in Porcelain Ivory
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 – Transparent
3. Rimmel Hide the Blemish Clear Complexion Cover Stick
4. Lacura Beauty Concealer Pen
5. Asda’s own brand eye pencil in 02 – Brown
6. Rimmel Exaggerte Warerproof Eye Definer in 261 – Noir
7. MeMeMe Pussycat Cheek and Lip tint (on cheeks)
8. Lacura Beauty Volume Mascara in Black
9. MeMeMe Shimmy Shimmers Gold Shimmers Palette (on eyes)
10. Boots No. 17 Perfect Pout Lip Liner in Pout
11. Revlon ColorStay Ultimte Lipcolor in 050 Top Tomato
12. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner in black
(Yes, I’m wearing three different eyeliners: the brown is to fill in and define the brows, the black pencil is on the top lid, and I also use the liquid liner on the upper lid because the brush on it gets really close to the roots.)
What I missed:
Primers! I’m sure there are plenty of great eyeshadow and foundation primers available at the budget end of the spectrum, but I don’t happen to own any of them and had to do without.
Mascara: it goes without saying that I still haven’t found anything (low-end OR high end) that can beat Lancome in this department!
Brow products – I like my dedicated brow products: this eyeliner pencil does the job, but is a little darker than I’d like, and while it does define the brows, it doesn’t hold them in place.
Eyeliner: the eye liners I used today go on smoothly, and are easy to use (the pencil ones are both the twist-up type, which I like), but they don’t have anything on Urban Decay, so the product leaves a residue on my lower lashes while I’m applying it, and I know from experience that by the end of today, it’ll have started to smudge.
What I didn’t miss:
Foundation: This is the foundation I wear most often anyway – love it!
Touche Eclat: I thought I’d REALLY miss this, given the state of my under-eye shadows (which are actually getting better, I must admit), but actually, the Lacura product, which is basically a budget version of Touche Eclat is really excellent, and seems just a little bit paler, too, which makes it ideal for my skin.
Eyeshadow: I know I’m committing beauty blasphemy here, but as I don’t wear a lot of eyeshadow, one product is much like another to me. As long as I have Urban Decay primer (which I didn’t today, sadly), and I like the colour, I don’t really care which brand the shadow is from.
What are you wearing today?