Papped! By Google Streetview!

Terry and I appear no less than four times in the Google Streetview for our area, which finally went live yesterday. This is the best one:

Weirdly, they face-blurred me, but not Terry. Let’s not think too hard about why that might be…

• Nina says:

That's hilarious! And also: creepy. Not a big fan of Google Streetview. I would so forbid them having any picture of me… How did you find your pics on there?
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..For the meantime =-.

Really? It honestly doesn't bother me. People can see me every time I leave the house (and can see me without the face-blurring and car registration removal) so I must admit, I don't really see the harm of a blurry photo on streetview! I found it because we'd seen the car taking the photo, so we knew where we were likely to appear.

• Kate says:

Our area finally launched yesterday too, and a few of my friends have been spotted. I think it's great!

• Rock Hyrax says:

Come to think of it, Terry ought to be the one who's more concerned – that photo's evidence of him eating while driving. Oh no, perhaps Google thought there wasn't enough of his face visible for an identifcation (so he'd be safe from the police), and now he's been fingered!

• That's awesome! I wish I was that famous ;)
    .-= Amanda Nicole´s last blog ..small graces this week =-.

• Kirsty says:

Four times?! Is that normal? And I noticed you said in other posts that you guys don't leave the house a lot, so they really must have been targeting you!

• Melissa says:

Can we have a "Where's Amber?" game with Google then?

• Arlene says:

Admit it. You both took the day off work and stalked the Streetview van ;)
    .-= Arlene´s last blog ..Outfit of the Night =-.

• anon says:

Obviously Google knew about the problem you have with people stealing your face for advertising purposes and didn't want to risk it.

• Kathrin says:

I read about your new 'fame' earlier this day, and now spotted an article on the German news website Spiegel Online about a guy who was captured by Google Streetview three times. They are talking about a "remarkable record" – you can beat him! :-)

Here's the link, maybe you can get a (poor) translation with some tool: http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,683943,…