Why I Should Never Shop Alone:

I go out to buy cheap trousers, I come back with Louboutins.

And this is why I’m not allowed to go shopping any more.

(In my defence, they were heavily discounted.)

(And I’ve wanted them forever.)

(And there was only one pair in the whole store, and they just so happened to be my size. That NEVER happens. When you wear one of the most common shoe sizes in the country, you NEVER find shoes in your size on sale. Never.)

Pretty sure this is how drug addicts feel.

• Chinx says:

I know how you feel. I once spotted this gorgeous dress at Coast when I was visiting London, but they didn’t have it in my size. But then, when I was walking around in a Debenhams, there it was, just hanging there, just the one, all alone, away from the actual Coast section in the store and it happened to be in *my size,(which never happens!). I was convinced that it was destiny and *had to buy it! Even though, I had bought enough dresses to last me about a year.

• Amy says:

Lucky you! They are very unique and quite adorable.

• Moni says:

Hm, you all seem to have very small feet in the UK.
    I’m a size 37 myself (UK 4.5), have rather slim feet, and I always get nice shoes on sale. Most people here have size 39 – 40 (about UK 6).
    Yours are pretty. :)

• Mhairi says:

Oh Amber, those are very nice. I on the other hand am buying a pair of Uggs tomorrow. The swollen ankles have begun! Very jealous x

Oh my, they are gorgeous! And drug addicts can’t afford that much money so you’re already better off.

• Ooh, lovely! I meant to walk through Nordstrom this week and walked out with my first Marc by Marc Jacobs bag :) :)

• Rock Hyrax says:

Ah, it’s that feeling of fate – that it was “meant to be” – difficult to resist.

On the other hand, I thought your shoe size was on the dainty end of the distribution here. I’m the typical size 6 and have almost given up looking in sales. But not quite: had the same “meant to be” feeling when a gorgeous pair of boots that I couldn’t afford new turned up in my size. (And I just glanced lovingly at them over my shoulder as I write this. Oh dear, perhaps it’s time to set up a self-help group…)

• Leslie says:

Hello, gorgeous! Those are snazzy. I would love a pair of Louboutins, but alas, on me they’d just be a couple of ankle breakers. (And bunion-pichers and toe-crunchers.)

• Leanne says:

They’re gorgeous! Well if it’s any consolation, it’s not as if you went out to buy bread and you came back with those beauties ;-)

• BoutiqueGirl says:

They are fabulous – it would have been a crime to leave them in the shop!