Boxwatch 2010: Boxing Clever

In the comments on my last post, Katri said she’d been hoping for an update on The Box, and, well, that’s really all the encouragement I need, so without further ado:

(Rubin: “I know I normally come running every time I see a camera, but I hate this freaking box, so no matter how many shots you take, this will be the only only one in which I’ll be even vaguely looking at the camera. You’re welcome!”)

Yeah, it’s still there. And the beat goes on…

Oddly enough, the TV cabinet and the other box? Are gone. They are no longer in the backseat of my car. They disappeared after a lot of banging and crashing, following which Terry said he had “chopped them up”. I don’t know where he’s hidden the bodies. I expect I’ll find out soon, though.

(No, they’re not inside The Box. I checked.)

• Aisling smith says:

Hi Amber,
    Just a quick note, suprisingly not box related! But instead to say thank you. I stumbled across your blog while searching for something to occupy my mind on another insanely boring work day (i work in a VERY quiet call centre and have to think of things to keep me busy during my 12 hour shifts!) , and have been reading ever since, I’m back to Jan 09 and am still going steady.
    Apart from the fact im ridiculously jealous you blog for a living, and are obviously very good at it, you have really brightened up my work life over the last couple of days, and the days seem to go by a little quicker!
    I realise this is starting to sound a little creepy, next thing ill be telling you all about my shrine i have dedicted to you, Terry and Rubin in the basement!! Joke…by the way!
    I just hope that one day I would be able to write as well and as wittily (is that a word?) as you, and you are truly inspirational!!
    lots of love, Ash x

Wow, thank you, that’s an amazing compliment – I’m always thrilled to hear that people are reading it AT ALL, so anyone who has the foritude to delve into the archives automatically goes onto my list of Most Favourite People :)

And you have my symathy on the call centre thing – I worked weekends in one for about 8 years, and towards the end I think the internet was the only thing that kept me going!

• Katri says:

OK, my life is even more complete now than when I got my first tamagotchi. Thank you.

• Arlene says:

This made me laugh so hard. Just an average day in the Amber household… hanging around in boxes :)

• Tali says:

I love your posts so much! I guess I’m going to join the read-all-the-archives club))

And about the box – I have the same problem of boxes hanging around the house for ages. Luckily, I have a cleptomanic neighbour, an old guy who takes the old boxes somewhere where they get destroyed. Thing is, he takes them without asking you if you need them. So since I usually DON’T need them, I just put the boxes outside the door, wait a while and voila! they’re gone!

Why thank you! I’m immensely flattered that you’d want to read my archived ramblings :)

The neighbour sounds like he could definitely come in handy at times (and probably be a bit freaky at others, I’d imagine). Now I’m wondering what would happen if I dragged The Box outside and left it there. Hmmm.

• Roisin says:

That picture is so amusing, especially in conjunction with my mental image of a glassy-eyed Terry telling you “Do not worry, Amber. The boxes have gone. I have chopped them up.” and then gliding away…..

• Rock Hyrax says:

Ah, you three look so sweet peeping round the box! :-)