Snow My God!

I know you’re all sitting on the edges of your seats right now, thinking, “OMG, I wonder how on earth Amber is coping with the First Snowfall The World Has Known, Ever!” so let the record show that:

1. Amber has a sore throat and a runny nose. She doesn’t actually think this is connected to the presence of the omgsnow – it’s actually more likely to be just the usual pre-holiday lurgy – but she’s going to blame it anyway. For everything. Even the existence of Crocs and other horrors.

2. Amber is apparently speaking about herself in the third person now. That’s the snow’s fault too.

Anyway, here’s today’s drop, and yes, I have just become one of those bloggers who posts photos of the weather all the time. It’s only one small step from this to posting photos of my food every day:

OK, that one was just so we can get the “pretty” out of the way. That’s the snow in the woods across the street from us. Here it is outside our house:

I don’t know why I’m smiling here. I mean, it’s not like I haven’t spent the past few days weeping.

This used to be Terry’s car:

And this used to be our garden:

As you can see, we had to clear an area of snow for Rubin’s, er, use. (And by “we”  I mean “Terry”, obviously). As you can also see, Rubin’s not particularly impressed by it, because even although the snow would be over his head everywhere but this cleared area, he still wants to go for a walk, and he wants to go NOW. Or how about NOW? NOW?

In less snow-centric news, tomorrow is the first day of Dressember, so I hope you all have your dresses at the ready. (Note: not you, dad, if you’re reading this.) There are now 173 people in the group, and it was suggested last week that we try to use Dressember for some purpose other than simply encouraging us all out of our jeans, so those taking part are now dressing up all month in aid of the women and children’s charity Refuge - you’ll find a link to the JustGiving page on my sidebar, and we’re hoping to raise even a little bit of money, while also hopefully having a bit of fun.

For me, I think the real challenge won’t be wearing a dress every day, it’ll probably be remembering/finding the time to blog about it every day. Still, I guess if the snow keeps on falling, it’s not like I’ll have much else to do…

• Tali says:

I never actually fully realized how MUCH snow you had!! It cannot be… SO much?? You’d be shocked if you saw over how much snow I was drolling last night.. it wasn’t even dully covering the surface))

Good luck with your flight, with Terry’s appointment, with groceries.. and obviously, with Dressember!

I’m in!)) Thanks to you)

• Katie says:

OMGSnow! That is ALOT of snow!

We’ve had our first snow just today, and only about 5 cm – but it’s enough for the Small’s drama llama headteacher to decide to close the school – she’d be having proper kittens if she saw OMGSnow!

So looking forward to Dressember, snow or no snow! :D

• SNOW MY GOD! Wow. We only get a snowfall like that like every 25 years. I’m sorry you are ill, but the photos are magical!

♥ V
    twitter: @gritandglamour

• Terry says:

The big pile of snow outside is higher than your head now.

Tomorrow I will prove it to you :D

• Nikki G says:

Ugh, that is awful. How terrible to have so much snow!

• Wow! It really came down! I’m sure its cold but at least it makes some pretty photos!

• BWC says:

It is so gorgeous where you live!
    We don’t even have seasons here, just varying degrees of ‘hot’.23″ of snow sounds SO good..

• Terry’s car is sad!!! :(
    Poor Rubin too… :(
    And hope you get better soon love.. :)

• LS says:

I can’t even imagine what would happen if that amount of snow fell in Vancouver, the entire city would shut down completely. As it was we had 5cm or so and classes were being cancelled, some stores were closed. Being from Northern BC me and the boyfriend can deal with snow (which in our hometown looks similar to the amount you have there actually), I actually prefer it to the OMGRAIN we get here every winter, especially since it’s usually too windy to bother carrying an umbrella anyway.

Good luck with Dressember!

• Karin says:

You acctually got as much as we did here in Sweden past weekend! And funny thing is that even if Sweden is a cold country during winter and used to snow, everything breaks down. I think that the Indian railway and the Swedish one are about the same now in standard…

I hope you will get your trip to Florida!

• at least your dog is wanting to go out, my one is hardly reacting to the “let’s go for walkies” phrase anymore…he is a miniature dachshund mix so his belly is quite close to the cold snow, and he is originally from the desert in southern Spain, so can’t really blame the poor thing.
    Love your new banner by the way :)