Dressember Day 8: Earning My Stripes

(Dress: Topshop; Shoes: Zara)

Well, as you can tell from the fact that I’m updating here, we did finally make it to Tenerife, albeit with a bit of a delay and a whole lot of chaos at the airport. The internet access in our hotel, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, depending on your perspective) isn’t great, so I’m just going to keep these Dressember posts brief, and will fill you all in on the holiday stuff when I get home. Or, you know, maybe not.

Anyway! I did actually wear a dress on day 7 (or rather, night 7), but I couldn’t be bothered taking any photos, so you rejoin my Dressember challenge on Day 8, on which I wore trousers during the day, but changed into this dress for dinner. First, though: MONKEYS!

Two monkeys

After visiting our monkey friends (I swear to Gaga they remembered us from last time. Or maybe they were just being polite.) we visited Zara.

I may have shopped a bit. Terry may have been persuaded that I urgently needed a pair of peep toes. I may have worn them that very night.

(And by “may”, I mean, “I totally DID.”)

So, as you can see, I started the day in a stripey sweater, which I removed when it got hot, to reveal a stripey tank top. Then in the evening I got changed into a stripey dress. And that’s why they call me Sailor Amber. Or sometimes just That Stripey Freak. Hey, guess what print I like?

No more Zara for the rest of the holiday. I mean it.

(P.S. It was hot and sunny here today. It was like being in paradise…)

• Siel says:

I’m happy for you that you finally made it to Tenerife! You’re looking very good and happy ;)

Enjoy your holiday!

• lila says:

Yeahh, you’ve arrived.. and stripes..looking good!, hope you have a great holiday! xx

• Mhairi says:

Glad to hear you guys got away, it has gotten worse here, we have gone down to -15 yesterday. Hope you have a great holiday x

• Tali says:

I’m so happy to see you arrived there and enjoy yourselves!
    Your last tweet left me wondering)) sitting and waiting for the plane to de-ice..
    I love your humour)) and I like stripes as well. Your dress is really beautiful and the peep-toes are perfect, it would be a crime to leave them in the shop!

xx
    Tali

• Jasmine says:

The one with you looking out into the ocean looks glorious! It reminds me of our vacations to Mexico back in the day when it was safe to travel in Mexico without the fear of being kidnapped and held for ransom.

• ayemiy says:

@foreveramber I was actually genuinely worried that you wouldn’t make it out there and implode! well done!

• Damn you look hot! I bet you could persuade Terry to do anything in that dress! Enjoy the warmth!

♥ V
    twitter: @gritandglamour

• Sandy says:

Yay, you made it to your hols! Huzzahs all round!

• Panthera says:

Yay!

Have a great holiday, you deserve it!
    And don’t worry about your blogs, we’ll yell at anyone that behaves badly.. ;)

Oh, and.. Monkeys!! Sooo cute!

• veeeeery sexy, lady you can rock those stripes! enjoy the sun!

• Megan says:

glad you made it on your holiday! Though I am very jealous… I’m suffering in the -20 degree and snowy weather of Canada. I wish i was somewhere warm…