Gah.

I got me another lurgy. Looks like 2011 is planning to proceed on a “one lurgy per month” basis. (Hey, I could totally make that a new feature of the blog: Lurgy of the Month. Do you love it? No? Oh.)

Anyway, runny nose, inability to keep warm and a little something I think of as “Fire Throat” are the order of the day for the moment. Oh, and whining, obviously. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t whine incessantly every time I so much as sneezed. People talk about Man Flu, but trust me, until you’ve experienced an Amber Flu, you’ve NO IDEA how much can be made out of so little.

Because I’m feeling too sorry for myself to string together a proper post, here is a bulleted list of things I’ve done since my last post:

• I got my hair cut. Then I had to get Terry to cut a bit off it again, because although the hairdresser DID manage to correct the original “lopsided head” problem, she created a whole new lopsided head problem in the process. So that was AWESOME.  I mean, I went into the salon thinking, “Amber, it’s time to get over this phobia you have about hairdressers. It’ll be FINE. Totally FINE. What could possibly go wrong?” Cut to Saturday night, and me standing in front of the mirror, all ready to go out and celebrate our friend Steven’s birthday, when I realise that one side of the front of my hair is significantly longer than the other. Terry dealt with it, though. I think I’m just going to get him to cut it from now on. No, really.*
  • I got sent some hair extensions to review. They’re the wrong colour, but the company are going to exchange them, assuming a match for my colour can be found. I’m ridiculously excited about this: I mean, at the very least, I’ll be able to use them to cover up any future lopsided cuts, no?
  • I launched a new Shoe Challenge over on Shoeperwoman (which also has a fancy new banner, courtesy of Terry). I already have over 50 members, and you can be one too, if you want to.
  • I discovered that Creme Egg Ice Cream exists. I could not be happier about this.
  • Did I mention the lurgy?

How’s everyone else’s week going?

(*I’m joking. Maybe.)

• Moni says:

*sends you virtual hot tea with honey and some cough drops and hopes they don’t only cure computer viruses*

Get well soon! :)

• Loozie says:

Thank you for the information of Creme Egg Ice Cream. I now need some.

• Ursula says:

I hope you’ll feel better soon! It’s so annoying when you have just been ill and then it all starts again …
    Creme Egg ice cream sounds scary to me though (I think Creme Eggs are like Marmite – you have to be British to appreciate them) … :-)

Lol! If that’s the case, I must not be British: I can’t stand Marmite! (I could probably live on Creme Eggs, though…)

• Kerry says:

I’m a Kiwi and hate marmite/vegemite/promite with a fiery passion but creme eggs are amazing and I look forward to Easter time every year purely because of them!

• Yulia says:

How about some ginger and lemon tea? With honey?

I feel your pain about hair debacle! On Friday I went to get a trim and made a mistake of telling my stylist that I trusted him entirely (which I did, until that day), and he has cut me a MULLET (he’s fixed it today, but still)!

Well, I can’t stand anything with ginger in it, but I’ve been taking Lemsip, which has been helping. Mullet situation sounds horrendous – I was actually terrified going into the salon last week, because for reasons I will never understand, the “extreme mullet” seems to really popular among teenage girls around here at the moment: I was worried the stylist would be so used to doing them she’d just cut me one too!

• Louise says:

I get my other half to cut my hair all the time! I can recommenced it. Way cheaper.

• Nikki G says:

Ugh, the sickness. :-(
    Hope you start feeling better soon. Also, you don’t have to be British to love Marmite – I’m from the US and I love the stuff!

• Alexandra says:

Stay nice and warm. Have you tried hot lemon juice (one whole lemon) with hot water and a big spoon of honey? It’s divine for dagger throats.
    And now I want Creme Egg ice cream…

I’ve just been taking Lempsip, which seems to have done the trick thank God: we’ve now moved on to “tickly cough, keeping me up all night” – aargh!

• Lauren says:

Creme egg ice-cream?! I neeeeed it now! Especially since I’m melting down here in Australia in what has got to bed 40 degree heat.

• Lauren says:

Creme egg ice-cream?! I neeeeed it now! Especially since I’m melting down here in Australia in what has got to be 40 degree heat.

• Sandy says:

Hope you feel better soon….I’m currently suffering from man-flu…that is,hubby’s suffering is MY suffering! Although on a plus side he keeps going to bed at 9pm so I get TV alllllll to myself!

Re: wonky hair…is your stylists chair askew?? How do you keep getting wonky hair? I tend not to let my hairdresser cut my hair now….I do the fringe and tell her to keep her mitts off it. She could never understand the U shaped Betty Paige type thing, even with pictures, so I only let her at my hair with the bleach and even then I tell her when it’s “done” enough. LOL!

• Cookie says:

Oh you poor thing! I’m very prone to the burning-throat too, to the extent of not being able to talk because it hurts too much, and a friend bought me a throat spray made of propolis. Some people love the taste, some (like me)find it simply awful, but it does make the throat ache go away in a matter of minutes.

• Cristina says:

Cream Egg Ice Cream – I’ll be on the lookout for that!

I feel your pain about the monthly lurgy thing. When I first moved to Europe I was getting tonsilitis once a month for about 5/6 months. Like clockwork. Almost just as bad was the rest of the time dreading the inevitable ‘week in which I am going to feel like crap, and maybe not be able to swallow anything more substantial than soup’.

Hope this is the last time you get sick for a long while.

• Melisa P. says:

I hope you get better soon. I know you are going to hate for this, but I would love to trade places with you (because of the weather, not the flu). You see, I live in Perú, and here it’s summer.. I hate summer. Badly.. I’ve always dream to spend at least one year in a cold place.. and with snow.. (sorry for that!!)

• Leigh says:

Aw, this creme egg ice cream seems to only be available in the UK. So jealous. (Well, I’m not jealous of the lurgy. Hope that clears up soon!)

• Kerry says:

Your new post isn’t working :-( Happened to me the other week but it seemed to have fixed itself by morning.

Hope to be able to read it soon and that you’re feeling a little better!