California Dreaming, on such a winter’s day…

In just over two month’s time, I’m going to be here:

A few days later, I’ll be here:

I’ll possibly take a trip back here:

And I’ll definitely be taking a trip (or, you know, ten) here:

I am so excited I could scream.

If there are any volcanoes thinking of erupting, snow thinking of falling or airline staff thinking of striking in the next two months, I would respectfully ask them to please hold off at least until I’m there, because I honestly don’t think anyone could stand another “I’m going to miss my trip” freak-out from me. Seriously.

On the other hand, if any of those things want to happen once I’m THERE, and prevent me ever coming home, I’m fine with that*…

*As long as no one is harmed, obviously. See to it, universe!

• ilexica says:

I am very jealous. I would be ticking off the sleeps for months!

• Alex says:

I did 2, 3 and 4 in one trip a few years ago. It was excellent! My Mum and Dad went to one, three and many other places last year. I was very jealous, as I am now jealous of your trip. Have a fabulous time!

• I’m going to San Francisco on the 20th :) I’m so excited! I did the highway 1 drive last year and loved every second of it so I’ve been dying to go back ever since! It’s amazing! x

• Roisin says:

Fabulous – I am jealous, and very pleased for you both to be going on such a lovely holiday. Also, when in San Fransisco – Bettie Page shop. I’d be saving up for that!

• Pooja says:

You’re going to San Francisco! My hometown. <3

It's an absolutely beautiful city. Make sure you drop by the Castro. ;)

• Do you mind if I scream, too? AAAAAH! Oh I wish I could go :-D

Relatable Style

• Sandy says:

Oh colour me green! I’ve done 2, 3 and 4 (4 was purely window shopping for me tho!) and it was some of the best times ever!
    *sigh*

What hotel are you getting for Vegas? I’ve done The Excalibur (all my US pals said it was “bootleg” but I quite liked it!) The Luxor (my fave) and The Golden Nugget.
    I just may be squeeeing for you….how exciting!

I think Melrose Ave(??) is a good place for shopping too. (LA that is, not Vegas!)

• Siel says:

Wow, I’m so jealous! Ican’t even convince my boyfriend to go to Barcelona with me, only 2 hour flight, no way he’s ever going to San Franciso, Las Vegas and all other nice places there…

Have fun on holiday! (and buy a lot of shoes, but that won’t be a problem, I think :) )

• Moni says:

Just don’t make the mistake of thinking “Oh, I’ll be there for only a few days, this amount of money will be more than enough for that time.” and then leaving your debit card at home for fear of it getting stolen. I was stuck in paradise without money… Thankfully the friend I travelled with had his credit card with him and was able to help me out.
    But knowing your shopping habits I know that case is not going to happen… ;)

I wish you a wonderful vacation!!! :D

• Claire says:

Oooh, jealous! Those are some of my favourite places on earth, especially Vegas. Hope you have a marvellous time (I’m sure you will ;))

• Stacey says:

I’m jealous, I’ve always wanted to go to San Francisco and LA! In just over a year I’m going to be moving to the west coast so I’ll be within a reasonable drive’s time to go there. Or even better, cheaper flights there! Living in the midwest sucks for driving anywhere and getting cheap flights.

Enjoy your holiday!

• Sarah says:

I’m so jealous right now! I got to go to LA last summer and have missed it ever since. If you get a chance to visit Santa Monica while you’re there I would definitly recommend it!

• Drea says:

I’m so jealous, I want to go there, in fact I’d love to travel all over the world, oh well. :D Have a good time ^^

• Carys says:

Oooh, I’ve been to all of those places! Quite a few years ago now (sob!) but they have left me with some wonderful memories all the same. I’ve amazingly jealous, but you will have an absolutely *fabulous* time.

Weirdly, what do I want to recommend? Mum and I found these impossibly glamorous toilets on Rodeo Drive – there is even a photo of me in them, no word of lie. Not on the po or anything, but definitely by the sinks. It’s all gold and marble and all kinds of beautiful. However, I’m sure you will be far too busy shopping it up…..

• maz aka MallyMon says:

Have been to all and can agree that they are all fabulous and you will NOT want to go home. Ever. :) enjoy!

• Nikki G says:

I have been to San Francisco and Los Angeles, but not to Las Vegas. I really liked LA, because the weather was gorgeous, but all in all, I preferred San Francisco. The weather was horribly cold, but I LOVED the city.

• Kathleen says:

Enjoy your trip! I went to school in LA for 6 years and there are SO many malls (and other things to do of course) and stores. I recommend the Huntington Library grounds in Pasadena; they’re gorgeous. San Fran is wonderful and Las Vegas is pretty fun too.

• Chloe says:

Wow what an amazing holiday! Have an amazing time :)
    I’m going back to Vegas next summer to get married, can’t wait!

• Jessica says:

I hope you have an incredible holiday!

• Laav says:

I would love to visit LA/SFO someday. It’s high up on my places to visit list.But wait… shouldn’t you be visiting Disneyland too? ;)