Pearly Wipes: Keep Your Teeth Pearly White!

So, I love coffee and I love red wine. And by that I mean I REALLY love coffee and red wine. Neither of those drinks love my teeth, however: both cause staining and discoloration, and as I’m sure you all know, red wine is particularly bad for this – in fact, as much as I love it, I never, ever drink red wine in public because I know that if I do, I’ll have one glass and instantly look like Dracula after a good “meal”.

Of course, I COULD just always take my toothbrush with me when I’m planning on indulging, and pop to the bathroom for frequent brushing sessions, but seriously: do YOU want to keep brushing your teeth during a night out, or after every coffee? Me neither. (And one of the things my Invisalign experience taught me is that brushing your teeth in public bathrooms is about as un-fun as it gets.)

That’s where Pearly Wipes come in.

These are little pads (they look a bit like nail polish remover pads to me, so be careful you don’t confuse the two: it won’t hurt your nails to use the Pearly Wipes, but the other way around will taste REALLY nasty) but they’re soaked with things like baking soda, salt and hydrogen peroxide (i.e. the kind of things you find in toothpaste), so when you swipe them across your teeth, they’ll get rid of red wine, coffee stains, or anything else that happens to be lingering there. And they’re much more discreet than whipping out a toothbrush.

At first I thought these were a little gimmicky, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. What do you think?

These are $20 for three tubs. Click here to read more or buy them.

[source]

Tags

• drea says:

They seem like a good idea, but if they have baking soda in they can damage your teeth. Plus, wouldn’t rubbing at your teeth look pretty weird too? But I guess if you use them occasionally they should be too damaging and they’ll be less messy so you could hide in a cubicle and do it?

• Claire says:

Brilliant! That’s the second site I’ve seen these on now and I said I have to have them.

I’m always surreptitiously rubbing my teeth and lips with napkins when I drink red wine in public. It would be great to drink red without inadvertently looking like a vampire.

• Alex says:

These seem like a good idea. But the fact they have hydrogen peroxide in puts me off. I don’t really want to bleach my teeth.

• Norma says:

What a great idea. I’ll now be able to have a glass of red wine with my meal when I’m eating out.

• Steph says:

I have issues about touching my teeth and so the idea of rubbing them with a kind of wet wipe makes my skin crawl. Interesting idea though!

• guestinca says:

I think these are a wonderful idea & a great stocking-stuffer type idea. As I get older, I have more of a problem with wine/coffee staining my teeth. RE the earlier comments, I doubt the amount & duration of use would harm your teeth or bleach them blindingly white – baking soda & peroxide are fine for occasional use, just not several times every day. And I would hope that most people would use them in the restroom, not sitting at a restaurant table. I’m buying some for me & for my oenophile friends & relatives!