Random Rubinman

It’s been a horrendously stressful couple of weeks. This is the kind of thing that’s been helping us get through it:

Well, that and the wine. Oh, and watching my parents and Terry slide down Arthur’s Seat on their butts yesterday helped too, although maybe not at the time. I mean, when Terry fell, he was clutching Rubin in one hand and our brand new, hideously expensive camera in the other. He raised both of them above his head as he coasted gently down the hillside. My mum, meanwhile, fell once, fell twice, and then couldn’t stop laughing for the rest of the day. Then, when we looked back at the photos of the day we discovered that Rubin had been Up to Stuff we hadn’t even noticed at the time:

(We didn’t write that message, we just stood next to it and claimed credit for it. Which actually reminds me of something else that’s going on in my life right now, I just can’t remember what it is…)

Do you see what he did there?

He is totally standing on my shoulders, OMG! And I had to carry him like that aaaaalllll day.

Wolves. You can always depend on them to put a smile on your face.

(Just one of the hills we’ve had to climb this month. At least this one was our choice…)

(P.S. There are more photos from our Arthur’s Seat expedition over at Shoeperwoman.)

Tags

• Roisin says:

You are awesome, and so is Rubinman. I also climbed Arthur’s Seat in heels! Although it was dark, and it was in October, so the whole thing was a bad idea and we came down after getting half way up. Still, amazing memories. I’ll be more careful next time I go up there though, now I know that there are WOOLFS about!!

I’ve only ever climbed it in heels, in fact once I climbed it in heels at midnight (or thereabouts), as a student: sometimes I look back on my life and am amazed I’m still alive…

• Fi says:

Love your top. And the wedges, of course! Glad you managed to have a day out and that is one magic dog you have there.
    x

Thanks Fi – I have a Shoe Challenge post scheduled for later today with more photos of the shoes. Um, quite a lot more, actually. Damn, but I expect a lot of my readers!

• Selina says:

I love how Rubin’s all “teh wind is in mah fur and I is totally a super(doggie)model”.

Sending all sorts of good vibes and hugs and stuff from NZ. *good vibes* *hugs*

• Carys says:

I’m sure it’s different when you actually live there, but I don’t think I could ever fail to have my spirits lifted by living somewhere so beautiful. There’s a lot to be said for fresh air and some sunshine when things are hard – a good walk is often my “go-to” when I’m upset or frustrated. And with a wolf too? Well, all the better.

My desktop wallpaper at work is almost the view in your last picture (er, without you in it, obviously – that would be a liiiiitle bit weird) except my picture is covered in snow; it was absolutely breathtaking. I know Edinburgh isn’t the obvious honeymoon location, but we adored every second of it. Oh, and I walked halfway up in sodding walking boots and my feet were ripped to SHREDS. Just goes to show – sensible footwear isn’t always the way forward!

• Kerry says:

Oh Amber, I know we are all meant to go gaga over shoes all the time and everything (which I do, without a doubt!) but the thing I love most of all is the humour with which you share little bits of your life behind the heels.

My mini tiger Chilli isn’t quite as willing to pose for photos as your great white woolf I’m afraid, but I’ll make sure to tempt her with catnip toys and sneak her into a shoot one day soon!

• I’m sorry for your stressful time now… Here’s to pulling through quickly! :-) But no matter the stress, you look great! That is exactly the kind of simple outfit that I love. Striped tee, neutral pants and red shoes! Yay :-)

• Elisa says:

you are such a model!

• Sandy says:

I defy anyone not to smile when they see the woolf Rubin!

Whenever hubby says to go out for the day I always have to throw some flat shoes into the boot of the car, just in case he decides to take us trekking instead of shop/town wandering!!

• Alex says:

That looks beautiful. Edinburgh has been on my ‘to visit’ list for a while now, but I’ll have to add Arthur’s Seat to it!
    Rubinman looks like he’s having a great time!

• Molly says:

I know what’s going on right now SUCKS, but I have to tell you, you look absolutely stunning. I mean, at least there’s that, right? ;)

xoxo

• Diane says:

Oh, how cute is Rubin surrounded by his little wolf pack? He looks so proud :)

• I adore your dog, and that picture of you and him, with Rubin’s face against the wind is just so comical!
    I cannot even start to imagine how horrid these last weeks have been for you with what’s going on in the Shoeperwoman side of things. I just hope you are ok and coping with it all.
    Cuuute wedges by the way xx

• Nikki G says:

A little bit of Rubin is enough to brighten anyone’s day. He’s adorable.

• Kate says:

I’m so sorry that things are still rough for you, but how lucky that you have a bona-fide superhero to help you through it! I gotta be honest, I hear triumphant music whenever he appears on your blog :-D