Well, folks, we’re getting scarily close to the final countdown on our trip to California. It’s not quite three weeks to go, but… almost. And to be completely honest with you, this has surprised the hell out of me. When I looked at my calendar in order to find out what number to put in that headline I was all, “HOW many weeks? Surely that must be some mistake?” But no, it’s true: I have roughly three weeks in which to write two months worth of content for two websites (Er, we’re only going to be away for three weeks, but I need to write two months worth because… actually, never mind, it’s too boring to get into. Just trust me.) and I could not be more freaked out by that if I tried.
(Yes, you guessed it: this is my bi-annual “WAH, I HAVE TOO MANY BLOGS, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!” post. Oh, don’t say you weren’t expecting it. The truth is that certain other events of the past few weeks have dominated my mind to such an extent that I haven’t even been able to think about the holiday much at all, far less get excited about it, and I’ve managed to get waaaaay behind with my workload. This makes me feel sad. Poor holiday! I will have to make it up to it somehow. Maybe by blogging about in incessantly from now until I leave?)
Anyway, in the next three weeks I need to:
- Write two month’s worth of blog content. No biggie. *assumes hysterical, mad-eyed look*
- Buy a new carry-on of the absolute maximum size possible to take on the flight. I’m planning on doing a bit of shopping over there, you see.
- Book an eye test to enable my next batch of contact lenses to be released to me, as it will be handy to be able to actually SEE California when I get there.
- Come to some kind of decision on the all-important issue of the The Fringe. To trim or not to trim, that is the question? (That actually WAS the question in Shakespeare’s first draft of Hamlet, by the way. They made him change it, which I think was a mistake, because EVERYONE cares about fringes, don’t they? It is the eternal question of our time.)
- Book salon appointment in response to this decision. Or maybe just get Terry to cut it for me?*
- Buy some other random crap that I have decided I MUST HAVE NOW.
- Clean the house from top to bottom. I always do this before taking a trip. It’s in case I die while I’m away and someone else has to come and clear out the house. Like always wearing clean underwear in case you’re in an accident, you know?
- Load some new reading material onto my Kindle.
- Try to remember the one million and one MUST DO things that popped into my mind at 3am last night when I couldn’t sleep, but which I can’t for the life of me remember now.
I should probably get started on all of that…
*JOKING! I’M JOKING! Maybe.