California here we come

(I’ve been practising my holiday hairdo in readiness for the frizzbomb my hair is about to become for the next three weeks…)

Well, guys, I think we’re ready to go. The bags are packed. The taxi has been ordered for tomorrow morning. The volcano is still ominously silent. Looks like we’re going to San Francisco. Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to wear some flowers in my hair. (And if I don’t meet some gentle people there, I’ll be asking for my money back…)

So, assuming our plane doesn’t plunge into the ocean, we’ll be in San Francisco until Monday morning, then driving down to L.A., which will be our base for the rest of the trip. I’ll see you on the other side (of the Atlantic)!

(Is it weird that I can’t wait to get onto the plane, so I can continue reading The Haunted Hotel?)

• Have a FABULOUS time! So pleased it worked out for you!

And don’t make plane crash jokes, I can’t STAND flying and I’m getting on a plane next week (eek)!

• maz aka MallyMon says:

Bon voyage! Oooh, I LOVE flying. It’s all part of the holiday for me. (I even love the meals!) It’s marvellous – the films, the tv, reading a good book, ah – bliss. Don’t forget that plane travel is improving all the time. And, enjoy! x

• lila says:

Hope you have a blast..flying, pah that old chestnut, your a pro now! Have a great time and let us see what you have been getting up to x

• Siel says:

Have a great holiday! I hope you will buy a lot of shoes ;)

• Oooohhh so jealous! I LOVE san francisco! i did this drive holiday last year and it was fantastic! Had to go back to San Francisco for 10 days this year as 4 days wasn’t enough for me! (It is bloody freezing though!!) Seriously can’t wait to see your photos! IF you are driving through Big Sur then be prepared to see some of the most incredible views you’ll ever see! Honestly, I’m totally in love with the place! Have a fantastic time! x

• Call me M says:

Have a great time in California and Bon voyage! :)

• Sandy says:

Have a great time!

• Nikki G says:

Have a great trip!!

• Zomermaantje says:

Have a lovely trip!

• msveve says:

Congratulations on the no-volcano issue and being able to go on vacation:) hope you enjoy! (and wear as many shoes as possible!)

• Panthera says:

Have a great time in California!

Now you’re making me want to read books about old, haunted houses..
    Could you recommend a few?

• Ruth says:

Have a great holiday! :) Hope its a good flight too, and you have spare suitcase space :P

• Katja says:

since i’ve seen this hairdo i’m wearing my hair like this. i’m using a white ribbon because i’m a brunette. thx.