A Whistle-Stop Tour of L.A.

OK, I’m taking pity on you all. I realise I’ve tresspassed on your patience long enough now with all of my “lookit my holiday snaps!” posts, so I’ve pulled all of the remaining photos into one, giant, easily-ignored post, and I’ll publish it, then I can get back to talking about… whatever it is I normally talk about here. Which, actually, what WAS that? If you have any requests, I’d love to hear them…

While I’m waiting for your suggestions to come pouring in, however, here’s LA in photos:

The Disney Studios

My friend Erik works for Disney, and gave us a tour of the Disney lot on his lunch hour one day. It. Was. Amazing. We visited the sound stage Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed on, met some Disney staff (who were all so lovely and friendly) and just generally walked around with our mouths hanging open. It was also amazing to finally get to meet Erik, who I’ve known since my days on Livejournal, and who very generously spent a lot of time giving us advice on what to do and see. Thanks, Erik!

Griffith Observatory

The first place to visit if you’re in L.A.: amazing views of the city AND the setting of one of my favourite movies, Rebel Without a Cause.

Chateau Marmont

Just, you know, hangin’ out at the Chateau…

Sunset Boulevard

They have me on tap.

The Valley

I wish I was there RIGHTTHISVERYSECOND.

The Queen Mary at Long Beach

Now we know what the phrase “like a foghorn” actually means.

Whale watching off Dana Point.

We didn’t see any whales, but we did get photo-bombed by that bird. Also: yay for matching sweaters!

Malibu and Santa Monica

Disneyland and California Adventure

(Don’t worry, I’m almost done…)

Union Station and Downtown LA

Venice Beach

(Pay particular attention to the background in the last one…)

Typical LA scene.

And finally…

Terry lost quite a bit of weight on holiday. Quite a bit.

Aaaaaand we’re done. Normal scheduling will now resume. Whatever that may be.

• Sandy says:

Fab photos! Must it end??!? LOL!

• Kerry says:

Oh man I love your holiday snaps! Feel free to post a version of this post on all your other blogs but with different photos so the nosy readers such as myself can keep looking :-P

That skateboarder shot is kickass and you totally got an ‘awwwww’ out of me with that first shot of you with Walt and Mickey. So precious! You guys look like you had such an amazing time, meanwhile I’ve been compiling a list of all the things to do when I get over there myself!

• MsVeve says:

looks like you had a really awesome holiday;) btw, this may be an akward question but: what toothpaste do you use?? Your teeth look really nice and white:D

Whatever’s on special at the supermarket :) I checked, and the current one is Aquafresh ‘Fresh and Minty’ but I think it’s really the dentist rather than the toothpaste which has the effect!

• Allie says:

It looks as though you had a fab time, and what fun pics from it too! want to steal that green dress from you, so cute!

• Call me M says:

Amazing photos! I loved them all! Especially the one with you and Mickey!
    You look so cute and beautiful in all of them! I thought you look fantastic in dresses, but now I see you look fantastic in pants too!
    Love those stripey tops! I can’t find a single picture where you don’t look great! You’re really photogenic, but I’m sure that you look amazing in real life too!
    And you don’t have to stop posting photos of your trip. I love seeing such pictures. They make me want to go there too! :)

• How on earth did Terry LOSE weight in AMERICA?! The food is insane? Ok, I suppose LA is super-healthy.

Looks so amazing. I’m virtually grr-ing at you in my jealous rage :)

I have loved seeing your photos! Bah to the naysayers.

• Nikki G says:

Your photos are lovely. Sadly, my first trip to LA was for work, so I didn’t get to visit all of the awesome sights. I did get to go to Griffith Observatory and Hollywood Boulevard, but I didn’t have my camera, so I don’t have any pictures. HOWEVER, since I will be moving to the Los Angeles area at the end of August, I’m sure I will be able to visit all the sights I missed the first time. I’m willing to bet that I won’t be as stylish when I go. :-D

• BWC says:

Great photos! God, I want to be you when I grow up (Although, by traditional standards I guess I’m already one of those Adult things).
    Request: An addition to the Mini Me segment!

• Terry says:

Loved looking back at these pictures xx

• Kathleen says:

You look like you had so much fun on your trip! LA is smoggy and crowded but there’s so much to do. I went to school there for 6 years and the Griffith Observatory was closed for renovations the whole time, darn it. Must go back.