LETTUCE: A Photo Story by Rubin

LETTIS!!!!  OMGLETTIS!!!!!!!!!  BRING IT!!!!!!

OK, then, DON’T bring it. I’ll just bring ME to IT instead. If the lettis won’t come to the Rubinman, why, the Rubinman must go to the lettis. LETTTIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray to the Mighty Lettis God. What do you ask of your humble servant, oh Lettis God?

OMG LETTIS FROM HEAVEN! Prayers WURKED!

COME to Rubin…

HA.

Lettis is mine. Now it will do my bidding. Like… I will make lettis levitate!

Styupid lettis.

[Photos by Terry. Thanks, Terry!]

(Amber’s note: Rubin likes lettuce. And almost all vegetables, to be honest. And also all other forms of food. And sometimes things that aren’t actually food. Like that spider he ate that one time. But lettuce! Is not harmful to dogs, as long as they’re not eating too much of it, which he isn’t. Spiders, on the other hand…)

• Terry says:

I laughed so many times at these pictures :)

• Kate says:

Gracie’s like this, but her weakness is Bell Pepper. She will sit and stare at the cutting board as you chop it up, just waiting for you to flick her a piece. And when she does get it, to hear her crunch away is so cute :) As is Rubinman’s Lettisdance!

• Mia says:

Awwwww look at those eyes in the first four photos!!

• Sage says:

The intensity in his eyes is scary! That lettuce never stood a chance. Cute post. Rubin should start his own blog.

• KON says:

My dog craves for carrots, even more than for his doggybones and meat. He behaves like a little veggie-wolf.

And Rubin really is the first white furryball i fancy, such a cute boy ^-^

Rubin loves carrots too – one of his favourite treats!

• KON says:

OMG, Amber answered me!! (sorry, I had to)

But I have to say, that I really would like to read more about him, I already searched for Rubins surprises in the archives. I mean, he’s a fashionable dog and even more adorable!

(any grammar mistakes are to be send to Berlin)

• Emily Jayne says:

Aww, so cute! My old doggy used to love vegetables – raw carrots, cucumber, everything.

• Daisy says:

Hahahaha, so funny! My dog eats anything you give him as well, even raw cucumber or pieces of apple or the flies he hunts down. Actually, that’s kind of gross. :)

• Alexandra via Facebook says:

Our dearly departed Snaffle cat loved lettuce and peas. He also once earned a clear ‘wtf?’ look from Casper for repeatedly licking a ladybird. But Casper’s one to talk (mieow?), cause I’ve seen him eat carrot and spider (not together).

• Alexandra via Facebook says:

• ayemiy says:

Mixie’s obsessed with fruit and vegetables too. More worryingly, she tries to snaffle the dangerous ones, so I must employ CONSTANT VIGILANCE with fruit.

Rubin’s so cute.

And I totes read his blog.

• What are you doing to that poor wee dog?

No wonder he is the picture of health. We used to try to feed our cat vegetables. She’d eat the odd chip but that’s not a vegetable. Oh, and she would chew on the lawn and then vomit green stuff all over the carpet.

This is why cats kark it of kidney disease before their time. If only Whiskas could come up with a salad nicoise for cats…

Rubin is such a cute wee dude x

• Laura says:

Our terrier will just about eat anything except lettuce and mushrooms. Slugs, flies and spiders he doesn’t mind but lettuce? No way!

• Itzel says:

Awww how cute, my dog doesn’t like veg at all. I’m the vegetarian one, he’s the meat eater. He does the lettuce dance when he wants some cheese or bread.

• Anna says:

My dog won’t eat vegetables at all! Spiders and bugs he’ll eat in a second, but lettuce? No way.

What he really loves is bread though. I think he goes crazier over bread than milk. You can’t make a sandwich without him getting right up in your face and trying his best to snatch it from you. And sometimes when I’ve been away, I come back to find empty bread bags lying on the floor when I was sure we’d had a whole loaf left.

• Call me M says:

Awww Rubin is so cute! And the pics are amazing! Especially those with the lettuce on the way to Rubin’s mouth. :P

• bonita says:

~ * ♥ * ~

Lol; our husky loves her veggies too! Tomato, broccoli {but only the stalks; not the heads!}, capsicum/bell peppers, carrot, etc. But lettuce? No way! She so turns her nose up at lettuce. : )

xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

• Selina says:

This made me laugh so hard I nearly spat out my tea. Wonderful!