Make that 73 dresses.

So, I already had this dress:

Mustard dress from Dorothy Perkins

And I love it. Love it. It’s a great dress. All swingy, and swirly, and most importantly, mustard, which is my current colour obsession. And in ponte fabric, which I really love, because it doesn’t crease as easily as some fabrics, and I’m one of those people who can spend hours ironing her clothes, and then within two minutes of putting them on, they’ll be looking like I just picked them off the floor. Of a barn. But anyway: I  had this dress, and I loved this dress.

But then yesterday?

Yesterday, they released it in green, too:

Green ponte circle dress from Dorothy Perkins

And honestly, I think they did it deliberately, as a test of my willpower. Seriously: one of my favourite dresses, now available in my favourite colour? A test. Obviously.

People, I failed the test. I have NO WILLPOWER whatsoever. I am completely powerless to resist the lure of the green dress, so now I have 22 of them: or at least, I will have, once it arrives.

Can I get an intervention over here?

“There, there, Rubin… I promise I’ll get over my addiction one of these days…”

• Irina says:

It’s a beautiful dress, Amber! No need to feel guilty because even I can feel the power of the green dress. I have the same dress in a longsleeve version in orange and I love it just as much! :-)

• Siel says:

Can we say ‘shopaholic’? :)
    Haha no, that dress looks fabulous, I’m sure it’ll suit you very wel!!

But if you’re tired of wearing green dresses some day, feel free to send some over to me! :)

• Rachel says:

Hey, if you find something that works, stick with it. :)
    While I’m not as much of a dress addict as yourself – not by a long shot, I got inspired to do a stocktake of my own dresses.

They are all black, red or purple – with one exception of the chocolate coloured dress I wore to my formal. All of my party dresses are red, all of my going-out dresses are black, and my casual dresses are all purple/black. I’m sensing a pattern here.

• Heleen says:

Ambeerrrrrrrrrerer!

Ponte fabric! I have been looking for the name everywhere!
    I have dozens of piece sin my closet in the same fabric but just couldn’t find out what it was named.
    Thanks so much!
    I can fulfill my quest to more ponte pieces now!

Pleased to be able to help :) Its proper name is “Ponte de Roma”, but I notice a lot of retailers just write “ponte” or even “ponti”: all the same fabric, though!

• Oh dear, I think that I may have to buy the mustard dress – what with it now being reduced.

• InTheseHeels says:

I bought the mustard dress last Friday! I didnt know you had bought it!! I even wore it 2 days in a row, THATS how much I love it. And I never ever ever wear the same thing 2 days, even my son commented on it!

But its in green too…..? Thanks ;)

• Selina says:

As soon as I read “Yesterday, they released it in green too” I fell about laughing. Because let’s face it, we all know you too well my dear! You are powerless in the face of a green dress. And too bloody right too, because it’s an awesome dress in both colours. It would be sacrilege not to buy both! xx

• Caroline says:

I wanted the mustard yellow version of this soooo much after reading your post but it just looks awful with my hair colour (strawberry blonde with highlights). My sister said I looked ill when I tried it on… it broke my heart because it was only £15 in the sale!!

Still, I got the black version. I love how flowy the bottom part of it is. I’m going to wear it with a cute belt (also from Dorothy Perkins) which is GREEN and has the cutest little lock and key detail. Love it!