Makeup for Pale Skin: Dainty Doll Blusher in 001 and 003

Dainty Doll blusher packaging

I promised a while back to show you some more of the products I was sent from the Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts line, so today here are the two blushers I received: well, better late than never!

I was sent these in 001 (Hippy Shake) and 003 (Money Talks):

Blushers by Dainty DollAs you can see, the 001 shade is a very pale pink, while 003 is a light brown, with a hint of shimmer:

Close-up of Dainty Doll blushersI have to confess that neither of these shades are ones I would have picked myself – one is too pink, the other too brown – so this in’t really a “review” as such, because I’ve only worn them to try the colours. I can’t really even call this a swatch post either, because both colours are so pale that it proved almost impossible to photograph them on my skin!

Dainty Doll blusher swatchesIf you look veeeery closely, you can just about see them!

This, however, is by no means a criticism of these blushers, because, of course, the whole point of this line is that it’s intended to be worn on pale skin, and the very pale, sheer coverage is a good thing in that respect, as many of us pale-skinned girls really struggle to find products that aren’t too bold, or heavy. These, by comparison, are very light, and I was particularly keen on ‘Money Talks’ (003), which is the perfect pale-girl “bronzing” shade:

Dainty Doll blusher in 003 - Money Talks

I wouldn’t wear it on the apples of my cheeks, but it’s a good colour for shading and contouring, and a quick swipe over the forehead and cheekbones will also help give you a bit of a glow. Unlike conventional bronzers, it’s not too dark, or too orange, and I’ll be doing a bit more experimenting with it in the summer, I think.

The pink colour, meanwhile, is very, very pink:

Dainty Doll blusher in 001 - Hippy Shake

This doesn’t look good on me – it’s actually too pale, which is something I’m really not used to being able to say! I have quite a few freckles, however, which make my face a bit darker than it would be otherwise, and if I use this shade on my cheeks, it makes me look paler than I really am, and a bit ill! If you have one of those perfect, porcelain complexions I so envy, however – a true “doll face” – I think this could look gorgeous!

Pale skinned redhead wearing Dainty Doll blusherIn this photo, you can’t really see the blusher at all: I’m wearing 001 on the apples of my cheeks, and 003 in the hollows under the cheekbones. The main issue I have with 001 shade is that because it’s so pale it sits on top of my freckles, and, in real life, looks quite “obvious”. As I said, though, on a very white complexion, I think it could give a lovely flushed look!

These cost £13.50 each, and are available at Harrods and Boots.

• Diana says:

Your hair is always amazing. :)

• Dollface says:

Oh, thank you for saying that! My fringe is at that really awkward, growing-out stage and I just can’t do anything with it, so it’s good to hear something nice about it :)

• Natasha says:

That green eye shadow looks great on you! You should wear it more often.

• Carys says:

Heh, somebody beat me to it – but that green eyeshadow is absolutely lovely! Would you mind me asking where it’s from….?

I like the idea of the super pale pink blush (I wouldn’t say my complexion is flawless, but it “flat white” – nary a freckle to be found, and my hair is Milkybar blonde) so it could be worth investigating. I actually think you look gorgeous in this pic, so I may disagree with you that it doesn’t look great :D

• Dollface says:

Thanks, Carys :) The eyeshadow is a MyFace Cosmetics palette (Crocodile Rock is the name), with Fusion of Color shadow, which I think is the shade you probably mean in the corners of the eye – that shade is called “Cashflow” and it’s a really gorgeous, shimmery green – I love it!

• Ana Zilio says:

Unfortunately Dainty Doll is not on sale here in Brazil, well I think I was born in the wrong country… I just loved the 001, it may be very pale, but look very natural too.

• Brenda says:

Just wanna say thank you for sharing this stuff and I prefer the idea of the super pale pink blush (I wouldn’t say my complexion is flawless, nevertheless it “flat white” – nary a freckle to be found, and my locks are Milkybar blonde) so that it could possibly be worth investigating. I actually think you appear gorgeous within this pic, so I may disagree with you that it doesn’t look good.

• Abby says:

I love your picture in this one! You look gorgeous!! I like the shade of 003, very earthy!

• The color suits you so well. Not for me, though…!!!!!
    Stylish in Winterwear at Germany