Minnie

Miss KG
I got me some new shoes.

Red shoes with polka dot bows
I’ll look a lot like Minnie Mouse in them (and, in fact, that’s their name: Minnie.) but I don’t care.

Red high heeled shoes

I would actually try to justify these as part of a “Minnie Mouse” Halloween Costume (even although I think her shoes were yellow?), but my friend Ewen is a big meanie has challenged me to dress as something non-glamorous this year. This has proved a challenge indeed, not just because, as some of you know, I like to use Halloween purely as an excuse to be even more over-dressed than usual (see “Marilyn Monroe“, “Audrey Hepburn“, “Joan Holloway“, er, “Lady Gaga” but also because I hate spending money on anything that isn’t a dress or a pair of shoes, and so I was forced to try to put something together on less than £5. (Well, OK, I wasn’t “forced”: I just did it.)

All will be revealed next week: for now, I’m off to stroke my shoes some more…

Miss KG logo

[Shoes: Miss KG by Kurt Geiger 'Minnie2']

[Disclosure: these shoes were courtesy of Idealo.co.uk, but chosen by me..]

• Andreea Irene via Facebook says:

love them!

• Sandy says:

Oh My Gosh! LOVE those shoes!

I’m intrigued to see your Halloween costume! (And Terrys..judging by your FB post!) I’ve planned my costume since mid Sept so hopefully I get the time to apply the make up! LOL!
    (I’m going as a Deadly Dorothy….but I refused to buy the costume so I’ve adapted spotty fabric instead of gingham…all creative like.)

Ooh, I was actually going to go as Dorothy for the party we have next weekend (We do Halloween twice every year: one party tomorrow and one next Saturday: I only have to be non-glam for one of them!): I have the PERFECT shoes for it, and I had also found the perfect dress on eBay ( I refuse to buy “proper” costumes, too, so it was a dress that would’ve worked as Dorothy, but which I’d also be able to wear in “real life”). But, of course, everyone else obviously had the same idea, so it got bid up much higher than I was prepared to pay, so now I have to think of something else for the second party. I don’t think I’m going to have time to come up with anything really creative, so I’ll probably end up just going as a witch or something else boring.

As for Terry, he will definitely steal the show again – he always does!

• Sandy says:

Shame about the eBay dress. The choice for Dorothy was purely because I too had the shoes (I have the Irregular Choice ones) and the only reason my costume is pale blue with white spots is because I already had the full skirt! I have a plain white top and I made myself a ripped fabric/chiffony over-skirt with bib bit attached. Were any of your recent full skirt purchases light/mid blue as you could wear one of them??

I then made a dead Toto. :P I feel kind of guilty that I ripped apart one of my sons old toys to make it, he didn’t mind (well at 14 he wouldn’t!) but I still have an inkling of bad mother guilt! LOL!

This year in my neck of the woods it seems to be the year of the zombie. Great…my favourites! Not!

God I love these shoes.

• Miss Meadows says:

Ooooooooooo!!!!! If those shoes belonged to me, I would just put them on my lap and stroke them all day. Just to make them feel welcome in their new home of course… ;) And if you’re FORCED to dress up like something like Minni Mouse, you can always do the glam version of her. In those shoes it would be difficult to look anything BUT glamourous – no matter what the rest of your costume looks like! :)

• jade says:

i want these !! for my grad dress lol