The Days of Christmas

On the second day of Christmas, I dropped my iPhone while getting out of the car, and cracked the screen.

On the third day of Christmas, I scorched my favourite skirt while trying to iron it.

On the fourth day of Christmas, I backed my car out of a parking space and into another car:  no one hurt, and just a scratch to the other car, although there is a bit of damage to mine. The financial damage, on the other hand… well, let’s all just keep out fingers and toes crossed that  it’s not too bad.

I have spent the last 12 hours or so repeating, “At least no one was hurt, at least no one was hurt.”

I’m pretty much DONE with the days of Christmas, now, to be honest, but I’m thinking that if these things come in threes, that’s me used up all of my bad luck now, surely. Surely.

The fourth day of Christmas also brought these, courtesy of Sarenza.co.uk, whose Brand Ambassador programme I’m a part of:

Hopefully my luck is on the turn…

• Sandra says:

You can walk in those?? You are my hero. Are they heavy?
    Also, try sending away the bad series of events with the invasion of green dresses on Dorothy Perkins… :-)

Nope, they’re as light as a feather! Well, OK, not quite, but you get the picture :) They’re actually pretty comfortable… I really like wedges because they feel much lower than they are -with these, the platform balances out the height, so they’re fine.

(I actually JUST added a green DP dress to my wish list. My obsession is out of control, lol!)

• Sandra says:

You have a wish list? :D You are a smart one :D
        I always end up wanting it instantly, blindsided by the price.
        Btw, I just discovered Sarenza has an Italian branch. GAWD.

• Hehe! Is it alright that you made me giggle at your misfortune? In a good way tho, because your funny, not because I’m evil or owt ;) love the shoes, saw you post them over on instagram and drooled slightly ;) x

• Fi says:

Fabulous shoes! My latest Sarenza pick is still with HDNL – don’t want them delivering to the wrong address whilst there’s no one at the office so they’re (hopefully) holding on to them til Tuesday.
    x

Good grief, Fi, you’re not having much luck with HDNL lately, are you? I suspect there must be someone there who wears the same size as you or something :)

• Arlene says:

WOW! They are gorgeous and for once I think the ankle strap actually adds something.
    Sorry to hear about your bump Amber and hope you don’t lose too much sleep (or money) over it.
    Also heads up, new H&M range… green dress http://www.hm.com/gb/product/96992?article=96992-B

Haha, great minds! I actually tried that dress on just yesterday, but sadly the material is really cheap looking in real life, so I didn’t buy it. There was the small matter of a black dress in River Island, though…

• Amy says:

Oh! The skirt scorching is a tragedy! At least the car can be fixed! And well, the iPhone, too, though that is no fun. Do they sell protective film over there? It tends to help a LITTLE, at least give a bit more support to the screen.Those shoes must take the sting out a bit, they’re so cheery and SASSY.

Look on the bright side: 2012 has to start out better than 2011 ended, right?

Happy new year to you Amber, and to Terry and Rubin as well.

• MsVeve says:

Aww too bad about the bad luck but those shoes are definitely a turn for the better (I love the color and the ankle strap – btw is it removable?) hope 2012 brings only the good! xox MsV