Messy Beehivehead

beehive and sunglasses

A few weeks ago, Terry decided that he hadn’t seen enough snow over the past couple of winters, so he and a couple of his friends booked a series of snowboarding lessons at a place in Glasgow. The lessons are mostly on a Sunday, and because my car is yet to be fixed after my little fender bender over Christmas, this means that I’m left home alone.

Now, I don’t know what you do when you have the house to yourself for several hours of a Sunday afternoon (I’m guessing probably NOT THIS, though…) but I experiment with ridiculous hairstyles:

Yeah. So, obviously I didn’t actually go out like this – it was a “strictly for fun, and also boredom” thing –  but I’d always wanted to try out a massive beehive, and by that I don’t mean the little baby beehives I sometimes do with a bumpit, or that velcro thing I got from eBay that one time, but a proper Amy Winehouse/Marge Simpson/Patsy from AbFab kind of ‘hive. (Mostly Patsy, to be honest. Because when I’m older, I intend to make Pats my role model, and just be drunk all the time…)

black pumps

beehive hairdo

I will also wear sunglasses all the time, because… actually, because I do that anyway. People hate me for it. I don’t care.

I took the beehive down before Terry got home. I did show him the photos, though, and he kind of laughed in a strange way, and looked at me funny. Then I think I heard him calling his friends and saying he can’t leave me on my own no more, or he comes home to Snooki, apparently.

P.S. Those of you who asked me on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: a ton of volumising powder, then a ton of backcombing. And seriously, that’s it.

• Kerry says:

I wish such hairstyles didn’t have the Snooki/Amy Winehouse associations because I seriously love big giant beehives like this! No way I could be taken seriously at work with one of them though :-(

Will have to try it on a day off when I’m home alone to see if I can get one as big as you have!

• Elisa says:

You look cartoonish! Luv it!

• Call me M says:

haha Love it! I actually think it looks great on you! A bit cartoonish yes, but really cute.
    I’m not good at doing different hairstyles, and I don’t even know how to back-comb my hair. I make my mom do it on me, when I need a bit of volume, but I usually like them without it. I have lots of hair and I prefer not to look like a lion… :)

And who wouldn’t want Patsy as their role model? Having to drink Bolly all day and have fun sounds like a plan to me.

Also: I wear my sunglasses all the time too. I don’t care what other people think of this.

• Why do my attempts end up so messy?! If I try to brush it to smooth it down it just ends up as flat as when I started!

*SIGH*

life/style/flash.

• Katie says:

I think that’s pretty much the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon on your own, really. Did you do a bit of early Patsy practice and sit around with a never-ending glass of champagne for a while?

• Elizabeth says:

That is epic hair, right there. I am disappointed you didn’t go out and about with it though. I’m sure it would raise some eyebrows!

• Roisin says:

I dream of having a beehive, but I just don’t have enough hair. I’m not sure I could even raise a bee. But I do love this look on you!

• Jenni says:

How on earth did you take the photos whilst being home alone?! Rubin?!

lol, nothing as exciting as that, just a good ol’ camera with a remote (you can actually see it in my hand!) and an iPhone pointed at a mirror, I’m afraid :)

• Hazel says:

I love this beehive! It really does remind of me of Patsy. Is Rubin Eddie?

• Britta says:

I love this look!! Maybe the beehive is too much of a shock for the average joe, but I think if you toned down the volume just a bit this outfit could totally be worn for a day on the town! :)