Fashion Blogger, jumping

fashion blogger, jumping

(Blazer and shorts, H&M; top, Madewell; shoes, Zara)

Hey, folks, remember me?

I’m still in Florida, but we’ve been having a spell of rainy weather, so I’m taking advantage of the downtime (while my dad barbecues in the rain, wearing a poncho…) to check in with the blog. And, well, to post photos of myself jumping, just to annoy my friend Ewen, who I know loves them really…

Rain aside, we’ve been having a fabulous time. I’ve spoken before about how coming to Florida always feels like coming home to me, and with a week left to go, I’ve already started to dread the actual “coming home”: I mean, at least Florida rain is WARM, you know?

We spent our first week here at the coast, staying in a gorgeous condo, right on Clearwater beach. I might have cried a bit when we had to leave. We spent Terry’s birthday at Universal Studios, and mostly at the new Harry Potter section of the Islands of Adventure park, but other than that, this trip has mostly been about relaxing. And eating. And God, it’s been good, rain or not. And naturally, we’ve taken approximately 32,491 photos, all of which I’ll bore you with at length when I get home.

For now, though, I’m off to do some more eating and relaxing: see you all soon!

Forever Amber

(P.S. It may have rained a lot these past few days, but that blazer wasn’t strictly necessary, because the temperature is still in the 90s: I just take it with me to wear indoors, where the air con is always set to “freeze Amber’s ass off”…)

• Call me M says:

I’ve seen the pics you post on Twitter through Instagram, and all I can say, is that I’m so so jealous! Florida? Wizarding world of Harry Potter? Disney? So jealous!
    The huge coincidence is that I have just found out, what my bf was thinking as a birthday present for me….A trip to Florida, and all these amusement parks! He knows how much I’d love to go to the Universal studios, especially to the world of Harry Potter. Hope we manage to go, when he finishes his mandatory military service.
    I can’t wait to see your pics when you come back! I love travel photos!

• Katie says:

You know you run a web based business and “home” could actually be Florida, right? ;-). Glad you’re all having a great time :-)

It couldn’t, unfortunately: we’ve checked it out, and we don’t qualify for the relevant visas – the US isn’t an easy place to emigrate to :( We just have to content ourselves with regular visits!

• Nikki says:

I’ve been loving all your Instagram updates (with a side order of intense jealously) because Florida is my favourite place in the world… we’ve just booked to go there next summer for our honeymoon so it’s getting me even more excited! I always freeze in the air con too, though…

• Roisin says:

I’ve really been enjoying your instagram updates too! I thought about what you said when Nic and I landed in Florida and I totally understoood how you felt that way. Looking at your photos has made me feel sort of homesick for the place, which is ridiculous considering Nic and I were only there for 8 days! But it got under my skin, and the sun warmed my bones – I’m really looking forward to the day when Nic and I can go back. I hope when you get back you’ll share more of your photos, and that you and Terry and your parents thoroughly enjoy the rest of your time there. Oh and if you’re still in the Orlando area – Seito in Baldwin Park. TEMPURA CHEESECAKE. You won’t regret it x

• Loving these photos, Amber (I always love jumping pics)…!! Hope you’re having an amazing time, so jealous of your temperatures, even with the rain. I love the simplicity of your polka dot top with the cute shorts, so spot on for summer. And I know what you mean about how cold air con is!! Even Tesco in the summer is freezing when you’re wearing light clothing!!!

Oh and the image of your dad in the rain with a poncho on at the barbeque… hilarious :D

Catherine x
    notdressedaslamb.com

• Panthera says:

Love the tights, love the photos (both here and on instagram), and I hope the rest of your holiday is great!

Have you gotten even more mysterious ducks?

Also, I wish/hope for Scotland to be nice and summery for you when you return!

• Ellen says:

Are you getting hit hard by Tropical Storm Debby where you are? I’m back and forth from Tampa and Sarasota and it’s just been crazy. I feel so badly for all of the vacationers who are here during this awful weather.

Yup, it’s been pretty bad: we’re lucky in that we were here for three weeks, so we at least got some sunshine at the start of the trip – in all of the years we’ve been coming here, though, this is definitely the worst weather we’ve had. I feel really sorry for people who just came for this week :(

• Lela says:

It LOOKS like you’re having fun, haha. Eat on, beauty!

xo,
    Lela
    A few days left to WIN my Vintage Tea Party giveaway!

• Katie says:

Looking forward to the millions of photos!