Double Dotted

polka dot skirt and top

Vivienne Westwood Cherries shoes

polka dots by the pool

[Swimsuit: George at Asda (old) // Skirt: Forever 21 (new, but not online) // Shoes: Vivienne Westwood for Melissa (old)]

Yup, we’re back in Florida, folks. Not literally, obviously – just in the sense that I’m back to posting outfit photos from my holiday, because, no, I am not done with that yet. I wish I WAS back there literally, though. It actually makes me a bit sad looking back at these photos: it all seems a really long time ago now, and to say I miss it would be like saying I have a little bit of a thing for polka dots, but nothing major. Speaking of which…

By the third week of the holiday, even I had started to think I might need some kind of polka dot intervention. I hadn’t planned to wear nothing but dots for days on end, but that’s how it had worked out (probably because that’s all I packed), and I feared I had started to turn into some kind of parody of myself, and that I would never wear anything else, ever again.

“Amber,” I told myself. “Just stop it. Wear something else, just for a change. Or you’ll have to change the tagline of your blog to ‘lots of photos of me wearing polka dots’, and God knows, you don’t want that, do you? Wear something else.”

Well, I thought about this, and I decided to do it. I would wear something other than polka dots.

Then I thought, “Screw that, I’m going to wear MOAR polka dots! Double the dots, double the fun!”

So I did. And honestly, I’d do it again. In fact, I probably will.

green polka dot skirt

I will also spin. And have only one arm. (Aside: I’ve discovered a rare talent for looking like I have only one arm in photos.  Which at least makes a change from looking like I only have one leg.)

It actually wasn’t particularly sunny when these were taken: this was the week Tropical Storm Debby decided to take up residence over Florida, and dumped rain on us for several days in a row. It was almost like home, actually, only hot. We were lucky, though – we just got rain, but a few miles away, some people lost the roof of their house due to a tornado which touched down. We spent a day under a tornado watch, with me frantically Googling “OMG TORNADO!” and wishing I’d brought those red sparkly shoes with me. I HATE being caught unprepared with stuff like that.

polka dots x 2

• Roisin says:

Ah no such thing as too many polka dots. I say this as someone who is wearing a polka dot dress, carrying a polka dot purse, and stopping at the fabric shop on the way home to buy some polka dot fabric for a dress. So maybe don’t listen to me.

Do you want to start some kind of support group? Like, a Polka Dot Lovers Anonymous, or something? Because I just took delivery of two new dresses this morning. And guess what print they both have? *headdesk*

• Roisin says:

I saw your instagram! But in your defence, they’re both lovely and at least you know you’ll definitely wear them :) (that’s what I tell myself every single time I buy a dress)

• Stacey says:

I agree with Roisin, there’s no such thing as too many polka dots! Of course I’m also someone who has polka dot high heels, carries a polka dot purse, and my rain jacket (while just plain black on the outside) has a polka dot lining and the cuffs are polka dotted. I got the sneaky dots there!

• Lindsey says:

Another polka dot fan here! I would never have thought of wearing two lots together but they look fab. Good work! :-)

Also, I love all your holiday pictures!

Oh, thank you for saying that – I was a bit worried I’d scared everyone off with all the holiday stuff! I just don’t have much else to talk about at the moment, though – the non-stop rain has put paid to most of our plans for now!

• Call me M says:

More polka dots! Love them! And they look great on you! Don’t worry, you’re not going to bore us.
    I loved your outfit, especially your skirt. And I’d love to see more photos from your trip to Florida!

• Panthera says:

Love the skirt, and I’m so envious of your bathing suits!

I never was a lover of prints, but I’ve accumulated several polka dot clothes lately, a dress, a bra, a scarf… I think you might be having a positive influence on me ;) (I’ve worn the dress A LOT, so happy I got it)

I don’t have ENOUGH polka dots. There. I said it.

Also: it took me 2.3 seconds to get the red sparkly shoe reference and then I laughed so hysterically everyone around me wondered what was going on.

• Melissa says:

I adore your style how do I follow???

• Plami says:

you look absolutely perfect from head to toe!

XoXo