The Star of the Show

UK fashion blog

So, there I was, just hanging out in the garden, as you do. Posing. Totally unaware of Terry standing right there in front of me, with the camera. When all of a sudden…

personal style blog

Oh. Hi, Rubin. Why so suspicious? You wouldn’t have come running the second you heard the shutter click, with the intention of inserting yourself into all of my photos and pulling terrifying wolf faces, would you?

Forever Amber

I thought as much.

We all know you can do better than that, though, Rubinman. Why not show the nice readers one of your REALLY scary faces?

totally scary wolf

That’s more like it. And, you know, while you’re here… I know fashion blogging isn’t really your thing, but I’m sure you could show us all a thing or two about how to wear clothes?

Rubinman

Yes. Just like that.

He is always, always, the star of the show; I’m just his sidekick. That’s just the way it goes when you’re owned by a small white wolf…

Forever Amber

gingham peep toes

[Dress: ASOS // shirt: H&M // shoes: Head Over Heels by Dune]

• Fi says:

Love this outfit! Gorgeous! (And I totally want that dress even though I know it would be above the knee on me.) x

It probably would, you know – it’s REALLY long on me (I’m wearing a petticoat with it here, which helps shorten it a bit), so I’m guessing it would probably be a better length on someone lovely and tall like yourself! (This one is actually from last year, but they’ve had a few similar things this year, too!)

• Caroline says:

Your hair looks lovely in these pics :)

Oh, thank you! I’ve been at that frustrating “growing out my fringe” stage for what feels like forever now, so it’s been driving me crazy lately: I’m glad you like it!

• This outfit is insanely gorgeous, and your hair is WOW but yes Rubin does steal the show. You do make a great sidekick though.

xoxo
    Ivy

• Nithya says:

You’re as pretty as a picture. Rubin may have been pulling focus, but I swear, in each picture, I turned to him only after I was done admiring your hair. :)
    Could you maybe sometime post a tutorial on how you get it to curl just so please?

It’s honestly not anything tutorial-worthy, I don’t think: I literally just put it in rollers, and that’s it! I think it’s mostly just a matter of luck with me, though: I’m not very good with hair, so I never really know how it’s going to come out – sometimes it works, but a lot of the time it doesn’t!

• Sandy says:

The third Rubin pic looks like he’s laughing at own genius!

LOVE that blouse….love it! Actually, love the whole look, you’re looking gawjus!

• Erika says:

Yes, very beautiful hair! And Rubin is just too cute :-)

• Frida says:

Rubin do really steal the show – smart dog! <3
    I'm loving the vichy shirt over the dress… not only it's a perfect match, but it also turns a simple dress into something new. Simple idea yet brilliant!

Hey, I’m a huge fan of your blog and your amazing sense of style ,(must be an amber thing :P) I was wondering if you have any tips on what to wear whilst shopping and key items? I adore your hair and your little white wolf! Xoxo

Thanks, that’s so lovely to hear!

As for shopping, I don’t think I really have any particular outfits I wear for that – I guess I’d say wear something really simple, that’s easy to get in and out of if you’re trying lots of things on, and not too many accessories that would be a pain to have to keep adding and removing. And comfortable shoes, if you’re planning on hitting a lot of different stores :)

• Zara says:

wow great pics…

• Suzanne says:

My favourite shot is the last one, no disrespect to Rubin. My pug Zoe often tries to squeeze into my photos as well.

I love the colour combo of the blue and red. Your hair looks amazing next to the blue.

BTW…you’re featured in my Friday Top Five again today. : )

Bisous
    Suzanne

• Leigh says:

You look lovely in these pics, but Rubin has stolen your thunder. He’s my favorite dog on a blog.

• Lovely outfit! I really like the vintage inspired look :) and your dog is so cute!

• Call me M says:

hahaha this post is so funny! Rubin is always trying to squeeze in your photos! Both my cat, and my dog hate photos. They usually turn the other way when I’m trying to photograph them!
    Loved your outfit, and your gorgeous hair here! You’re beautiful as always!

• Panthera says:

Love the happy/yawning face of the 4th picture!

• brenna says:

I just stumbled upon your blog and I’m loving your style!! This dress is amazing and your dog is just too cute!!

brenna

Rubin always wins. Always. But at least you look fab, coming second in the race. Whatever the race is. I’ll shut up now.