Heart print and high heels

Primark hear tprint pants

polka dot pants

red clutch bag and shoes

(Trousers, shoes and scarf: Primark // clutch: New Look // Top: Dorothy Perkins // Sunglasses: House of Harlow ‘Chelsea’)

No one was arrested – or, indeed, questioned by the police – during the taking of these photos.

That’s the good news.

The bad news is that the sun was super-bright, and in our haste to get these taken and then get the hell out of Dodge before someone could call the cops on us, the settings on the camera weren’t quite right and we didn’t realise until we looked back at them and saw that I looked like a scary ghost person in some of them. Or maybe it was nothing to do with the camera, and I actually AM a scary ghost person? You will always wonder now, won’t you?

The other bad news is that, although I said I always wait until the last week of September (and by that I meant the last weekend of September) to get my winter clothes out of storage, I’m probably not going to have time for it this coming weekend, so I decided to do it this past Sunday instead. (On, ironically, a beautiful warm, sunny day. Which I spent indoors wrestling with wooly sweaters and coats.) This is bad news for me, because it means that I’m now reduced to wearing boring old winter clothes for the next few months*, but it’s good news for those of you who were hoping for an Indian summer, because I can practically guarantee that we’ll get one now that all of my summer clothes are packed away. It’s a hard-knock life right enough.

(*I’m exaggerating, of course: because we don’t actually have distinct seasons here, I have to leave out a bunch of stuff year-round, so I’m prepared for anything. Who can forget this year’s Summer in March, after all?)

There is one more piece of good news, though:

heart print pants

Heart-print pants exist in the world. And were only £12 in Primark. Sometimes it’s the small things, you know?

• Laura says:

love those heart print pants! :)

so glad you commented on my blog – I hope you can follow me – I’m going to add you to blog lovin now!

• If I say that you look like an early sixties flight attendant, you’ll know that’s a compliment, right? (The neck scarf, the glasses, the center part ♥)

Love the action shot of you in the air. Where the watch from?

I totally take that as a compliment (big Pan Am fan: I secretly wish I WAS a flight attendant in the 60s!), but I think I may just have discovered the reason for the lack of comments on this post, lol!

The watch is Michael Kors!

• Roisin says:

This exchange just makes me think of Flight of the Conchords. “You’re so beautiful… you could be a waitress. You’re so beautiful… you could be an air hostess in the 60s. You’re so beautiful… you could be a part-time model…”

Love love LOVE your hair here, Amber!

“… but you’d probably have to keep your normal job…” Hee!

Thanks for the hair comment – I had some layers cut into it last week: definitely made a difference to how it curls, I think!

• Call me M says:

I think you look amazing as always even if the photos weren’t as good as you expected (I still like them). :) It was a really warm day for us today. Let’s hope that I won’t need to put my winter clothes in my closet just yet.

• Erika says:

Where I live it is cooling off only in the evening and early morning so no bringing out the warm clothes just yet! We ended up with a very mild winter last year so I am really hoping for a closet changeover this year. (Things said by those who don’t live where you do, right? :-) ) Very cute pants, I haven’t seen many – if any at all – around the stores here.

Oh no, most people here fully share your enthusiasm for fall – I think it’s just me who hates it! We’ve actually had a really warm September, though – I would have left the switchover until much later, but it takes hours to do, and I knew that was the only day I’d have time for the next few weeks!

Being at the very opposite end of the world to you, today is the first day in I don’t know how long that I have been able to venture out with bare legs and peep toe shoes! Those pants of yours are positively cute. And happy.

• Wore Out says:

Heart pants are always good news (especially when styled so perfectly)… now if only there was a Primark in Vermont….

• L A says:

Gorgeous hair! How would one achieve the same look, besides blow-dry at a top salon :)