April Flowers

mint jeans and lemon top

mint and lemon Spring outfit

Christian Louboutin nude Pigalle 120 pumps

silk scarf

[Trousers and scarf: H&M (2012)  (this season's trousers here) // cardigan: Forever 21 (2011 - similar here) // Shoes: Christian Louboutin]

Don’t worry, I haven’t plumbed new depths in my quest for matchy-matchy accessories with this outfit – or not intentionally, anyway. It was my mum’s birthday last week, and the flowers and gift were for her: we stopped off to snap these photos on the way to see her, and seeing as I was already dressed like a daffodil, with my lemon top and mint pants, I figured a few more flowers wouldn’t hurt. Happy birthday, mum! Sorry for using your gifts as an accessory in my stupid blog photos! And also for dropping the flowers at least twice on the day I bought them, because, yes, I did that too.

See, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get back into running again after a bit of a break. The store I bought the flowers from is fairly close to the house, so in my infinite wisdom I thought, why drive there when I could RUN instead? I would save fuel! And money! And the environment! And get in a bit of extra cardio into the bargain! What could possibly go wrong?

I realised the answer to that question shortly after purchasing the flowers, when I ran past the mirrored windows outside the shop, and caught sight of myself puffing along, all decked out in my running gear, and clutching a giant bunch of flowers in front of me, like some bizarre Olympic torch. “Wow, this has to be one of my strangest outfits yet!” I thought, as I paused to take in the sight before me. And then I dropped the flowers on the ground, for no real reason I can think of. And again a few minutes after that.

Luckily they made it home relatively unscathed, which is as much as you can hope for if you’re a flower in my care, really. And they may not have quite worked with my shabby running outfit, but at least they looked a little bit better with this one…

bloglovin1

• Partial to matchy-matchy here (hangs head in shame) and I think you look terrific! :)
    It’s my Mum’s birthday today – luckily I didn’t attempt to run back from the garden centre with the hydrangea plant that she wanted…I could barely lift it as it was!

• maria says:

Wow, I never thought of matching yellow and mint, but it’s a great combination, and it really suits you! I have a yellow skirt that i didn’t know how to use, but now i think i’m going to pair it with a jade t-shirt I have, it should work…

I have to admit, it’s not a combination I’ve tried before, and I was a bit worried I’d look too much like a flower, but I think the fact that they’re both pastels makes it easier to get away with!

• lovely look! <3 amazing shoes!

Love&Studs
    Love&Studs FACEBOOK

• Erika says:

The colors do go very well together. I have come around to liking yellow, and I think I am finally warming up to mint.
    Seeing someone in running attire while holding a bouquet of flowers would be something you don’t see everyday. ;-)

• Suzanne says:

What a stunning outfit. A real nod to Mad Men. I love the matchy matchy.

bisous
    Suzanne

• Katie says:

You could have told people you were filming a remake entitled “When Sally met Harry” and were legging it to find Harry at a New Years Eve party and tell him you loved him! They totally would’ve bought it. x
    P.S. I love your summery combination – and you look lovely in trousers!

• PFK says:

I love how visual your stories are. I am cracking up picturing you running with flowers.

• Louise says:

I love this look so much. I need some mint trousers in my life, but being 6ft and a size 16 the quest for trousers is never one I take lightly.

• Call me M says:

Absolutely loved the outfit! What a beautiful and unusual combination of colors! I’ll keep it in mind. You look so cute here.

• Corinne says:

This outfit is so cute, Amber.

I did a little giggle hearing your story of the flowers! I am glad they survived the ordeal!

Corinne x

• char says:

Your flowers do look to have made it through their ordeal unscathed, so I’m sure your mum wouldn’t have noticed! Love the outfit, I have to admit I’d never have thought of putting mint and yellow together but you look perfect for Spring!

• I love the outfit! The colours are amazing.
    The only problem is now I have shoe envy. Not so much the shoes, but I’d love to be able to walk in them, you make it look so easy! Any tips for any of us that have lived in flats (the shoes, not the dwelling :P) and now want to glam up with heels but can’t walk in them?
    Keep up the good work x

Hey Nuria,

I wrote a post on how to walk in heels here:

Hope this helps!

• Lovely look! As a fellow redhead, I am scared of yellow, but you look great in the shade.

• Jo says:

I’m lovin your scarf? Whee did you get it? Jx @bestdressedbabe

• Toni says:

What a *gorgeous* colour palette! You look amazing as ever, and the mint and lemon work so well together.

I’m very behind on fashion blogger trends, but matching, as a bad thing? Erm, why? It’s fun and inventive trying to find matches, I find — even if it’s just picking up some of the colour from a skirt in the gem on a bit of jewellery. Darn it, I’ll just never be cool.

• Destiny says:

Amber,
    Love your outfit (the mint is especially lovely) and nude pumps. You look so natural walking in high heels! I just spent several hours walking on a tile floor today at work. My feet are killing me and I was wearing flats! Admiring your heels is probably as close as I’ll get to wearing them.

• Suzanne says:

Just thought you’d like to know I loved this outfit so much I’ve included it in my Friday Top Five.

bisous
    Suzanne

• You’re so right, I’ve done this so many times!
    The supermarket is so close I’ll run, by the time I’ve bought the milk, bread, etc, there’s no way I can run home with the bags jiggling – duh!
    Love the outfit, in Australia we tend to avoid the yellow and any shade of mint for fear of appearing ‘green and gold’ and rather patriotic – at least I do anyhow!

• Bella says:

I have just found your blog and I must say I really love it! You have such a lovely style and great blog! I’m your new follower! :)

• you are looking beautiful. Great capture. I love all that things..