Winter Florals

floral-wiggle-dress1

Red Ted Baker stilettos

floral scuba midi dress

winter-floral-dress

[♥ Dress F&F c/o Tesco ♥ Shoes: Ted Baker 'Mayter' c/o Sarenza ♥ Clutch: Dune]

Last week, the people at Tesco asked me to style one of their F&F dresses for a Christmas party. Well, there are a lot of things I’ll do in the name of fashion, but it turns out standing around in the freezing cold with bare arms and legs isn’t one of them, so you get these not-at-all fake indoor shots instead. If you could all just pretend I look like I’m at a party here, as opposed to standing on my own in my empty living room, that would be awesome

Anyway, I love this dress.  It’s made of a stretchy, scuba fabric, which is my favourite dress fabric at the moment (this dress is made from the same kind of material), mostly because it doesn’t crease AT ALL, and creased dresses (or creased anything, really), are one of my pet hates.  Also, the high-necked, wiggle-skirted shape has a bit of a retro feel to it, and you all know how much of a sucker I am for that.  It’s actually available in two other floral prints, and although this one is definitely my favourite, I’m very tempted to invest in one of the other versions, too, because although “retro style wiggle dresses” weren’t on my list of Things You Can Never Have Too Much Of, they really SHOULD have been.

I’ve actually already worn this dress a bit more casually (i.e. with boots and cardigan, as opposed to stilettos and bare forearms), and it works really well like that too, which is good because I may have gone a little bit overboard on the “big skirts” thing this month: two arrived on Saturday morning, and another one is out for delivery today, so I’m in serious danger of becoming a caricature of myself at this point. At least that’s the party season sorted…

Shop the Post:

• New post, featuring a dress from @ClothingatTesco http://t.co/2pP1dcuXmS #myFFstyle #ootd

• char says:

I can’t wait for my “big skirt” to arrive – hope it comes soon.
    This is a lovely dress, I’m always impressed by Clothing at Tesco, I buy sooo much from them.

• New blog post! http://t.co/dxGNrszdAa

• Suzanne says:

This is gorgeous and looks like it was made for you.

I’m glad to see you’re not freezing your butt off trying to get shots outside in this.

bisous
    Suzanne

• Sarah says:

I love this dress, it looks great on you! I don’t blame you for not wanting to take photos outside, it’s way too cold for that right now.

• Milda says:

Maaan, I’ve commented on your blog maybe once, but as soon as I saw the first photo I just HAD to post “you are so beautiful”. I know that’s totally creepy, maybe you’ll feel better knowing I’m a girl and far away, so uh, not immediately dangerous as a stalker? The dress and the hairdo go perfectly together!

• Frida says:

This is a lovely floral dress, I love the oriental feeling to it, and I am glad to see the oriental vibe is coming back in fashion. You look super in it, the colors really suit you well, great choice!
    (and don’t worry, as the background looks a little bit like a quiet corner during a home party… lol!)

• Nanette says:

That dress looks so sophisticated on you. Who would believe that it’s from a supermarket? (Plus your house looks great too.)

• chadlen says:

Lovely dress…And the shoes fit perfectly…

Have a nice evening
    Chadlen

• Corinne says:

Tesco clothes = devil. I’m a stock control manager at a Tesco – which often requires me to do a thing called ‘duty manager’ which requires me to walk through our MASSIVE clothing department about 50 times a day.. talk about distractions, by the time I’ve got to the shoes, I’ve forgotten the reason why I needed to ‘walk past’ in the first place, oops! Take me back to the food department, my money is safe there.

I love the dress, it looks stunning on you, but the shoes, now the shoes are the true gem in this outfit!

Your new house is beautiful too, I would not mind one bit if you took more outfit posts in it. Esp by the shoe shelves so I can have a perv!

Corinne x

• Leigh Smiff says:

Looking fabulous Amber. There is a Mad Men look to the dress too.

I can definitely see Joan wearing it, although you carry it off better!

And the shoes!!!

• I’ve been debating over whether to go for this dress or not for a while, and I think you might have just convinced me! And the big skirts – eek!! I want some more! There was an amaaazing one on ASOS that deliberated about for too long and now it’s gone :( But can’t wait to see yours!

• Corinne says:

Oh, I just came back again to say YOU COULD BE AMY POND from Dr Who. Are you her????

Haha, I wish! The little girl who used to live across the road from us was absolutely CONVINCED I was her… her mum brought her over once and told me they’d explained I wasn’t Amy Pond, but the little girl didn’t believe them and wanted to meet me anyway. I had no makeup on, and was just off a long-haul flight, so I’m guessing she must have been really disappointed! (I don’t watch Dr Who, so I had to go and Google her when they’d gone: I was seriously flattered!)

• Annette says:

That is perfection, Amber! The dress itself is fantastic, it fits you like a glove, it is exactly your style and matches so well with your hair, the pumps are the ideal combination… what else??
    Love your look.

Annette | Lady of Style

• Kahani says:

Gorgeous!
    Crisis question though Amber, how do you stop these wiggle/pencil skirts from riding up from your knees to your bum in 5 steps? It drives me MAD. I’ve tried spanx, slimming slips, silk slips… nothing works for me! =(

• Kip says:

I love that dress! and those shoes work well with it

• Gorgeous oriental look and feel to it – beautiful! Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

• Meredith says:

I can’t believe that’s from Tesco! What a beautiful dress, and it looks fab on you. :D A question for those of us who aren’t as trim as your good self – is the material quite forgiving or is it the sort that will highlight any, ahem, unfortunately contours?

• Rosie says:

Oh wow. This dress looks so incredible on your figure :)