Baroque n’ Roll

Prada baroque sunglasses

Prada baroque sunglasses

Zara check midi dress

Prada baroque sunglasses in tortoise

We had our first snowfall of the winter last week.

I’m not going to complain about it. I mean, obviously I WANT to complain about it, because you all know by know how much I hate the OMGSNOW and winter in general. Considering the type of weather the rest of the country/Northern Hemisphere has been getting this winter, though, I think we’ve gotten off pretty lightly: that 100 days of snow I was worried about turned out to be more like TWO days of not-very-much snow, after all, and trust me, no one could be happier about that than me.

Although the winter hasn’t been nearly as bad as it could have been, though, the near-constant rain has definitely had an impact on my outfits and my blogging lately. It just hasn’t been possible to get out and take photos for weeks now, and when these Prada sunglasses arrived from Pretavoir last week, I was seriously wondering if I would EVER get to wear them. I mean, my eyes are so light-sensitive that I wear sunglasses aaaaalll the time, even on days when other people would consider it to be quite dull out (Laugh all you want, but it’s better than walking around with my eyes watering and a permanently furrowed forehead from squinting against the light all the time. I wonder if I’m secretly a vampire?), but even I draw the line at sunglasses in the rain (Well, most of the time, anyway…), so these gorgeous glasses seemed destined to remain forever in their case, on my desk. And OK, it’s a REALLY sweet case, but I kinda wanted to wear them, you know?

prada-box

Preta a Voir packaging

Anyway, luckily for me, the snow had melted by Saturday afternoon, and Sunday was positively spring-like, so I got to wear my new glasses AND remember what sunshine feels like, which was all kinds of awesome. As for the sunglasses, I’ve loved this ‘Baroque’ style for ages now, so I was so excited to finally get my hands on a pair, especially when I opened the box and saw how beautifully packaged they were.

Now I just need some more sunshine. Preferably a LOT more sunshine…

[Wearing: Zara check midi dress, I Love Shoes red shoe boots c/o Sarenza, Prada Baroque sunglasses c/o Pretavoir]

bloglovin

• New post, featuring my new sunglasses from @pretavoir! http://t.co/sMyBARxFgf #fbloggers #ootd #redhead #scottishbloggers

• Charlotte (@makupbcandlelit) says:

Fabulous outfit – love everything about it from the cut, to the pattern, to the ankle boots to the gorgeous sunglasses. :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

• char says:

I really love these sunglasses. Sadly I am a sunglesses-killer and therefore forever destined to buy only cheap pairs as my last Prada pair were dropped down into the workings of a rollercoaster on a trip to Alton Towers several years ago, never to be seen again.

• Claire says:

Those sunglasses are amazing!

• Call me M says:

These sunnies look great on you! I also wear my sunglasses all year long.
    Love your dress and how you paired it with your gorgeous booties.
    If you want some sunshine, you should come to Greece for a visit. hehe We’ve been having spring-like weather for days now, and it feels amazing. Like you, I really hate winter!

• Ruth says:

Loving your dress and those sunglasses are awesome! I’m the same with needing to wear sunglasses all the time. Sadly mine are from Primark and probably offer no protection. I have The Fear about buying an expensive pair! One day I shall buy some Wayfarers.

• Erika says:

These are so beautiful! I haven’t seen anything like this style before; love the details of the design, plus they suit you well.

• Annette says:

Those sunglasses are perfect for you and your style, I love them!
    We are so lucky here in Germany as I feel exactly the same about winter and snow. Besides early snow for short period in November there was nothing… no really cold temperatures and no snow :-)

Annette | Lady of Style

• Christine Kelly says:

What a great pair of sunnies!! Love the outfit, very simply but stylish (of course!) This is you we’re talking about. Nice to read a blog post, so look forward to your shenanigans!

Ah, that’s so nice to hear… I’ve been really struggling to find anything to post about this winter, so I’m glad to know someone’s still reading!

• Oh my gosh I love the sunglasses and that dress. How can you possibly complain about snow…I miss Scotland so very much.

With love from Singapore
    Christine

thelocaltouriste.wordpress.com

• Corinne says:

The glasses are lovely!! I love it when you get sweets with things. The website I order my cycling/running gear from always chucks in a packet of haribo. What a treat.

If you’re a vampire please make me one of those too. It seems like a great deal, the vampires on the tele always seem to have massive houses, don’t work, are fast, strong, and some even sparkle in the sun. I want in on that, please. Seems like much more fun than being a stock control manager :/

Don’t hold your breath about the snow yet – I remember last year we didn’t get any until March!

Corinne x

Oh God, I know… I was actually just looking through some photos from last year, and remembering how winter just seemed to last FOREVER. I could really do without a repeat of the whole “snow in March” thing this year!

• Sharon Baker says:

What wonderful glasses! About time for me to get some new daily ones and I like the cat eye look. Of course, (hating to admit this) I remember them the first time around. So what is someone so ancien regime doing hanging with the fashion forward? Well, first of all, I never really knew fashion existed when I was young. Nursing required uniforms then and off duty it was dresses and heels but not with any deliberate “styling”. So here I am 72 and suddenly fascinated by all things fashion without the figure or height to wear many things that I just love. When I first started following you I felt really quite sad, but then it occurred to me I was focusing on the wrong things, like my weight and height. I am blessed to be a really strong optimist, so I easily switched over to thinking about things I could do something about and how much fun I could have. First, I have the most gorgeous head of thick, natural curly, true platinum hair. In the sun the strands look like soft sterling silver wire. I have almost no wrinkles and clear fair skin with a pink tone. As a result I can wear most colors–either pastel or jewel tones. If I choose carefully for the length and width of a top and skirt, I can create a fairly sleek look. And picking longer necklaces and drop earrings elongates the look. Accessories and bags can really take an outfit to remarkable heights. I am having so much fun choosing basic interchangeable clothing pieces and shoes, bags and jewelry to style them differently! There are also new (minimal) makeup techniques and manicures. I love your blogs and follow them daily. I wish I could help you to feel the pure enjoyment you give me every day. I am so impressed by your knowledge, wit and writing skills. Your personal beauty speaks for itself. Many, many thanks for bringing so much happiness and positive energy into the world. All the best. S.

Aww, what a wonderful comment, Sharon, thank you so much! I’m so glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the blogs: I’ve always really hated the idea that as we get older we must give up any interest in style or fashion, so I love hearing from women like yourself, who’re just having fun with it. I find that the older I get, the more confidence I have in my own style (and the less I care about what other people might think of it), and I’ve always thought it’s a shame to reach that stage just as I’m supposed to start worrying about being “age appropriate”, whatever that means. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

• Tatyana says:

Those sunglasses are everything! So you! Gorgeous dress too! ;)

You look amazing!

Tatyana

• Emily Jayne says:

Oh those sunnies are just fabulous!

• Nicola says:

Those glasses are simply amazing.

• jess says:

I really like the glasses on you, as well as the style in general. I have seen then around on various sites, and always liked them, you wear the round shape well! My face would probably not look good with round rims. You look stunning.

If you have time, perhaps you can stop by, I am another redhead, http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

• Elizabeth says:

Those Prada shades are fabulous lovely, they’re the perfect pair of sunnies for the summer, and I love the tortoiseshell!

Elizabeth x | Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

• Tess says:

Did you know Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has this Zara checked dress too? http://theroyalsource.blogspot.sg/2013/11/victorias-dress-is-by-zara.html

• @pretavoir says:

We love @foreveramber’s @Prada Baroques dressed up with plaid! #pretloves #fbloggers http://t.co/JirSDJD2tP

• Pooja says:

Looking at beautiful people makes me happy, so thank you for being beautiful. :)

Are those sunglasses heavy? I was debating on buying them. I’m very paranoid with expensive items – what if I scratch them? Or drop them? Or they disappear into the black hole of doom? The possibilities of mishap are endless.

I’ve gotten better, the older I’ve gotten, to simply WEAR what I buy and not hole it away for special occasions.

Aww, thank you :) I haven’t noticed any difference between them and any other sunglasses I’ve worn, so I wouldn’t say they’re heavy, but if you’re worried, it might be a good idea to find somewhere you can try them on first?

• @ComfortUK says:

Spring’s here and soon it’ll be time to rock sunnies (we hope!). Love this from @foreveramber about hers. Gorgeous! http://t.co/U5AIze9lTJ