So Good I Bought It Twice

Zara polka dot dress

polka dot dress and cherry brooch

navy polka dot dress with Kate Spade Be Beau handbag

Miu Miu sunglasses

You know when you see something you know you’ll wear to death, so you buy multiple versions of it, just to make sure you’ll ALWAYS have it?

Er, please tell me it’s not just me who does that?

I didn’t actually buy two of this EXACT dress, but I DID buy it in two different colours: this navy version, plus the white one that’s also available. And I didn’t buy them so I’d always have them, either: it was mostly because I couldn’t make my mind up which colour I liked best. I do that too, sometimes. Like with those gingham shoes from my last post. And all those full skirts. What can I say, I like to keep my options open.

In my defence, the dress was only £25, so it wasn’t TOO extravagant, and as polka dot dresses are basically my uniform, I’m sure I’ll wear them both until they either fall apart, or I spill something on them and ruin them, whichever comes first.

The sunglasses in these photos, meanwhile, are by Miu Miu, and were a gift from Sunglasses Shop a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, their arrival heralded in a long period of No Sun Whatsoever, during which the house became shrouded in thick fog, and I started to feel like I was living inside a horror movie, and would never get to see the sun – or wear my new sunglasses – ever again. Thankfully the fog has now lifted, but if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, don’t panic: it’ll just mean that I’ve ordered another pair of sunglasses, releasing a powerful curse in the process.

Anyway, I got to wear my sunglasses (“Oh look,” said Terry, “They’re a cat’s eye shape: what a surprise!”) AND peep toe shoes on the same day. Spring has surely arrived, people!

[Wearing: Zara polka dot dressMiu Miu sunglasses c/o Sunglasses Shop; Next cardigan; River Island cherry brooch; Kate Spade handbag*; vintage belt; River Island shoes]

TWITTER   ♥  FACEBOOK     ♥ BLOGLOVIN

• Absolutely amazing!!

xx
    nAiLee

• Miss D says:

I bought this dress, when you first blogged about it. Unfortunately it did me NO favours, I look like a lumpy sausage in it! Not the look I was going for, we are obviously very different body shapes! Which I knew anyway, but damnnnn I was disappointed.
    So Im sticking to being swayed by your shoe choices! So…….. where are your shoes from Amber?! X

Whoops, I forgot to add them to the product list! They were from River Island, but they’re 3 or 4 years old now, unfortunately – I wasn’t joking about the “wearing things to death”!

• Miss D says:

Ohhh im with you there Amber.
    Ive also learnt the hard way not to give away things ive loved but am now a bit bored with. Just hide away in a suitcase under the bed and take out in a year or mores time and Ta-da a new dress, and guess what, I LOVE IT!
    LOL!

• Rebecca says:

SO much love for this outfit. Gorgeous!

• You look stunning in this dress!!! Beautiful outfit xx

• Louise says:

It’s a very flattering dress, I think buying 2 was the right decision.

• Erika says:

I’d have to say the dress was made for you, so good choice getting two of them. :-)

• Annette says:

Nobody else can wear these type of dresses like you do, Amber!
    Fabulous style and gorgeous with your little cardigan and that cute handbag.

Yes, I do buy things in different colours when they fit me well. I have dresses, wedges, cardigans and trousers in different colours.

Annette | Lady of Style

• Emma says:

I’m totally getting that dress. Stunning :-)

• Lorraine says:

I love this whole outfit! It really suits you :)
    Where did you get that gorgeous cherry brooch?
    I have a polka dot dress in almost every colour (and a slightly mad polka dot obsession in general), and also buy the same dresses in different shades. I totally understand the thinking behind it. Sometimes I feel like my style and clothing choices have just been the exact same for years but if you like something and it’s suits you why not!

• Brigid says:

Would have been mad not to, it’s so you

• Janean says:

I totally do, just in different colours. That way I have an excuse (“They’re not the same honey, look! This one’s green and that one’s red! Silly!”)

• Porcelina says:

I think that dress is marvellous!! Love it on you, the styling is fabulous too, and great photographs. I might have to pop into Zara on my lunch hour today….

• Moni says:

Yep, that sometimes happens to me, too. (The “buying the same thing twice” thing.)
    But I do it mostly with basics (like plain T-shirts) or underwear.
    But a few times I, too, did buy tops in different colours because I couldn’t decide.

And -to chime in with the others- that dress is so pretty, it deserves to exist multiple times!

• Georgina says:

I think I need this dress. I might have a small polka dot problem.

• claire says:

Hi Amber, I just looked at this dress on the Zara website and it looks so much better how you have styled it, those poor models with those clumpy shoes! I know you aren’t a fan and neither am I !! Glad to see the sun is out in Scotland, i’m visiting from the Dorset coast in 2 weeks and i’m glad to see the sun is out!

• Aime says:

Is this the dress with a low back? I saw it on the website just not sure if it’s the same one

• Jamie says:

Wow! This look is just magnificent… and I love the contrast with the rusty windy setting. Stunning!

• Ada says:

What a lovely dress! And your hair color is to die for :)

• Alvina says:

I saw it on store just before reading your post, and was about to bring it right to the cashier without even fitting it before, but then I saw the back… and I thought it would be annoying to deal with such a low one.
    But now that you just made the review for us :D, do you find it comfy enough?
    PS: stunning, as usually indeed :)

• Malena says:

Sometimes, I buy things twice because I just love them!! So, really nothing to worry about. ;)

You look absolutely stunning in that dress! Love how vintage and classy it looks, perfect with the bright red lipstick. I bet it also looks good without the cardigan.

xx, Malena

• Call me M says:

This outfit is amazing and you look super pretty in these photos, as always of course! I’m glad that you were able to wear both the sunglasses and your peep toes all in one day! :)

• Selina says:

Yes. The same pair of indigo 5 buttoned high waisted jeans from Krisp, the only time I did that. Loved it so much I bought another pair the month after, fearing it would go out of stock