Better Late Than Never

Zara striped funnel neck dress

Forever Amber | UK Fashion Blog | 60s inspired outfit

60s-inspired stripe dress

As with last week’s purple skirt, this dress is yet another item I had to wait months to wear. I think this was in-store back in February? March, maybe? I’m not sure. What I DO know, however, is that I HATE THAT. Don’t you just hate it when stores are full of summer stock in winter, and then you can’t buy a bikini in August, because by then they’ve all moved on to selling winter coats, which are the last thing you want to think about as you desperately cling on to summer? Hate it.

Anyway, I knew I loved this dress on sight, but I also knew it would be very much a spring/summer item for me, so I bought it and then regretfully tucked it at the back of the dress rail for a few months. I mean, I guess you could try to “winter” it up with tights and cardigan, if you absolutely insisted, but nothing says “summer” like stripes – especially when they’re paired with bright red shoes. Which, let’s face it, they usually are around here, aren’t they?

I finally got the chance to wear this last Friday, when we had a temporary reprieve from the non-stop torrential rain we’ve been having lately (Did I miss a memo about Ark-building?), and it was actually warm enough for me not to have to wear a cardigan. Imagine! Better late than never, right?

[Wearing:  ♥  Zara dress  ♥  Christian Louboutin shoes ♥ New Look bag  ♥  Miu Miu sunglasses c/o Sunglasses Shop]

• CiCi says:

Stripes + red shoes – I completely agree! One of my favourite combinations, especially if the stripes are monochrome. Very chic outfit and consider me full of dress envy..!

• Suzanne says:

I love the cut of this dress, especially the neckline. So classic. Paired with red, even better.

bisous
    Suzanne

• iasmin says:

Really cute, love the bun!

• char says:

I really like this dress, the neckline seems just that little bit different, which is endearing somehow :) You always look fab in stripes. And / or green.

• Selina says:

I wear summer items all year round. Tights and cardi are essential, I would have flaunted this one way earlier. It looks fabulous on you

• Katy says:

I love the whole look! The dress is fabulous :)

• Mana says:

I love this combo, it’s so timeless. And I hate that too, and because I never plan ahead I never buy anything when it’s in store and then I can’t find it when I need it or want it. I also never seem to learn my lesson.

Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

• That dress looks fabulous on you! Just discovered your blog, loving your style (and your shoe collection, swoon!). I hate how stores stock the items for the next season too. I always get caught out like this too – even worse because I’m in the Southern Hemisphere, and yet buy a lot of my clothes from the UK and America. Takes a long time to get to wear them then… Oh well :)

• Oh Yes! What is it about stripes that says summer? Who cares really. They do, especially blue on white…and with red accents!

Um…the landscape behind you…flat as a pancake, and what? Coal? Extremely black mountains? A giant ant hill? I always imagined Scotland as all hills and mountains, but….

• Claire says:

I know just what you mean! I was desperately searching for a sun hat (not cap- I wanted a beautiful hat with a massive brim) in august last year and could find a grand total of 2 in my town and neither of them actually fitted on my head but luckily the internet came to my rescue!