Want to make a living by writing about your life? Here’s how I did it…
Hi, my name’s Amber, and I’m a full-time blogger.
Yes, one of the ones who writes about her life and gets paid for it. I know, weird, right? I mean, who would seriously pay someone just to write about themselves, and all of the totally unremarkable things they get up to every day? More importantly, who would read it? No one, surely. Or not enough people to make it a viable business, anyway. People might say that blogging is their “job”, but everyone knows it’s not a real job, right? Right?
Wrong, actually. Blogging is my full-time job, and sole source of income, and it currently earns me more than I was making in my last “real” job (local government PR, in case you’re interested: I wasn’t interested, unfortunately, which is one of the reasons I ended up as a blogger…), and way more than I made in my first “real” job, as a newspaper journalist.
Blogging pays the bills, keeps me in shoes, and, two years ago, allowed me to
buy a new house, which I’m currently in the process of renovating – a process which is also being partly funded by my blog.
To be fair, I don’t just write about my life. I also take photos of my outfits… which is even more strange when it comes to occupations you get paid for, now I come to think of it.
Of course, if you read my blog, you already know all of this. What you want to know is how I did it. How did I go from being a stressed-out office worker heading for a nervous breakdown, to someone who didn’t get out of bed until 9am this morning, and will spend her day taking photos of her shoes, and calling it “work” – oh, and getting paid for it, into the bargain?
Well, you’re in luck, because this book will tell you all of my blogging “secrets”…
Here’s what you’ll find in the book:
The Only Blogging Secret You’ll Ever Need
The Main Reason My Blog Became Successful
- How I quit my job to start a blog.
How I Created a Blog That Became A Business
- Things I didn’t do before starting a blog, but which you probably should.
- The secret to making money from blogging.
- How I came up with a blog topic I’m still writing about 10 years later.
- The secrets of successful blog design.
How I Manage to Create Fresh Content Almost Every Day.
- How to make people care about your cat.
- Where I get ideas for blog posts.
- The two types of content all successful bloggers write.
- How to write posts that do well in search engines.
- How to write posts that get lots of comments.
- Why I write long posts, even although people tell me not to.
- How I plan my content.
How I Create Images for My Blog
- The importance of images.
- My blog photography secrets.
How I Get People to Read My Blog
- How I use social media to promote my blog
- How I got half a million followers on Pinterest
- How I used Pinterest to rapidly grow my readership.
How I Make Money from My Blog.
How I Grew My Blog to Over 180,000 Pageviews Per Month.
The book contains 50,000 words of tips and advice, all drawn from my own personal experience, gathered from a decade of blogging. What you WON’T find here, however, are step-by-step instructions on how to set up a blog, or, indeed, a definitive guide to how to make money from blogging. Instead, these are MY secrets: i.e. the tips and techniques I’ve tried personally, and which I feel have been instrumental in helping me turn my passion for writing into a full-time career. By telling you how I did it, I’m hoping to give you some insight into what it’s really like to blog for a living – and how you can do it, too.