You guys! My book is out in paperback! Like a real book. One with pages, and a cover, and everything!
Yes, after a lot of work from Terry, and a huge amount of cursing (also from Terry), the paperback version of My Blogging Secrets is now available to buy at Amazon. We decided to release a paperback edition, partly because a few people had told me they’d like to read it, but don’t have an e-reader (Just FYI, you don’t need a Kindle to be able to read the e-book version: you can use the Kindle app to read it on any device…), but also because, let’s be honest, I wanted to have an actual, physical copy of it, that I could hold in my hands, and think, “Hey, I wrote that!” I would do the same with the blog itself, except the resulting “book” would occupy several volumes, all of which would be far too heavy to even pick up. Maybe some other time.
Anyway, even if I’m the only person who ever buys a copy (Which, FYI, I won’t be, because my mum has ordered one, too. So there.), it’ll be worth it for that reason alone, but if you do want to read the 50,000 word story of how I got started on a blogging career which has spanned a full decade, and been responsible for the purchase of a LOT of pairs of shoes, here’s a quick reminder of what you’ll find inside:
The Only Blogging Secret You’ll Ever Need
The Main Reason My Blog Became Successful
- How I quit my job to start a blog.
How I Created a Blog That Became A Business
- Things I didn’t do before starting a blog, but which you probably should.
- The secret to making money from blogging.
- How I came up with a blog topic I’m still writing about 10 years later.
- The secrets of successful blog design.
How I Manage to Create Fresh Content Almost Every Day.
- How to make people care about your cat.
- Where I get ideas for blog posts.
- The two types of content all successful bloggers write.
- How to write posts that do well in search engines.
- How to write posts that get lots of comments.
- Why I write long posts, even although people tell me not to.
- How I plan my content.
How I Create Images for My Blog
- The importance of images.
- My blog photography secrets.
How I Get People to Read My Blog
- How I use social media to promote my blog
- How I got half a million followers on Pinterest
- How I used Pinterest to rapidly grow my readership.
How I Make Money from My Blog.
How I Grew My Blog to Over 180,000 Pageviews Per Month.
Finally, if you do decide to take the plunge, and buy either version of the book, can I ask you a huge favour? Er, other than the massive favour of reading 50,000 words of blogging advice, I mean? If you enjoy it, or find it helpful, would you mind taking a couple of minutes to leave me an Amazon review? The way Amazon works is that, the more positive reviews a book has, the higher it will appear in the Amazon listings, so it would really mean the world to me if you could spare the time to write even a couple of lines. Thanks in advance: you can buy the book here if you’re in the UK, and if you’re anywhere else in the world, just go to your local Amazon site and type ‘My Blogging Secrets’ into the search!