Does anyone else sometimes match their outfits to their surroundings?
If you answered “yes” to that, I’m going to take a wild guess that you’re probably a fashion blogger: because I totally wore this skirt because I thought the colour would pop nicely against the snow, and I can’t recall even THINKING about stuff like that before I started blogging about my outfits. Or, indeed, using the word “pop” in relation to colour, now I come to think of it.
Some other things fashion bloggers do when it snows:
01. Get really excited because SNOW PICTURES.
02. Get really annoyed because… SNOW pictures. Which means snow OUTFITS. Which means, no, you CAN’T wear that awesome outfit you were planning, because it only works with bare legs and heels, not boots and tights.
03. Briefly wonder if you could get away with bare legs and heels. Sadly conclude not.
04. Spend the entire morning watching the weather report/sky, just waiting for the snow to stop for long enough to take the aforementioned SNOW PICTURES.
05. Realise that’s not going to happen.
06. Drag photographer out anyway, with instructions to try to get at least ONE photo where your eyes are open. Just one.
07. Resign yourself to the fact that at least you’ll get a lot of funny out-takes out of this one.
08. Have a coat/car/other warm thing ready and waiting just out of the shot, so you can get back into it as soon as you’ve got that one “eyes open” shot.
09. Rinse and repeat until the snow finally melts, despite the knowledge that no one will care what you’re wearing: they’ll just think you’re crazy for being out in the snow.
And that was my weekend, basically. How was yours?